coron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dingho

Contributor
Reaction score
three weeks ago is the 18 time I went to Coron, and finally got to see one mid size Barracuda inside Barracuda lake. with a divebuddy who is also a tech instructor. we use a new pinoy diveshop inside CORON PENSION in down town Coron. the pinoy owner Arni Pabelonio operate CORON DIVERS e mail :arnipabelonio@hotmail.com Home - corondivers.com.ph 09186539854 09209457637 knew that both of us are instructor level, allow us to do all dives on our own. so on Barracuda lake, the boatman and the D.M. carry our gear over the cliff, me and my buddy decide to circumference the lake (8 shape), after half an hour we saw salt water fishes, then one mid size Barracuda follow us. is better to dive the eerie lake alone to see this Barracuda!!! try it!

talking about coron, I met some people a week ago by accident on other business matters and saw their plans on building the coron area into one huge tourist and retirement destination. I saw plans for 5 to 6 of the islands to be transformed into 5 star retirement and luxury resorts. I do not know if this is good or bad for that area.

Dingho, that's great you actually got to see a barracuda in barracuda lake! I've always wondered how the lake got it's name... :D

Jai - yeah all those retirees are gonna muck up the vis on those deep Coron wrecks... :wink:

or maybe they will just lift the wrecks out of the water to navigate in their cruise ships which they also own :11doh: the plans I saw were really grand. they are actually looking for investors if you guys have some spare millions around. :)

Dingho, that's great you actually got to see a barracuda in barracuda lake! I've always wondered how the lake got it's name... :D

Jai - yeah all those retirees are gonna muck up the vis on those deep Coron wrecks... :wink:

"deep" Pak have you seen that other thread about Ormoc?? Now that is DEEP!

Matt I thought you were just gonna be on the boat to give foot massages and to make sure those 6m deco regs don't get tangled up... :mooner:

Dingho it seems impressed doves.
Did u take photo?

I think the only secret is dive with out the dive guide, and take your time with only one or no dive buddy. remember the Barracuda lake look round, but really a 8 shape (a small 0 connect to a big 0) bring the compass for surface swim to make it easy!

Back
Top Bottom