Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puerto Princessa to Coron

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Puerto Princessa to Coron

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find out what our options are as far as travelling from Puerto Princessa to Coron. I see it's about 10 hours by Super Ferry, but we're not having any luck finding the cost. What else is there, Bus? Plane? Taxi? What is the best way to do get there? (quickest, most convenient) And which is the least expensive?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated,

Salamat po.
    Pez7378

The trouble with people is not that they don't know much, but that they know so much that aint so.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Been in that same situation. It's not practical to go to Coron from Puerto Princessa.
    Unless you have a plane ticket from Coron to Manila. What we did was return to Manila and booked ourselves Manila-Coron-Manila via Cebu Pacific or Sea Air.

Barangay Pasaway

is drier than the pope in
    a brothel

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    puerto princesa - coron only happens once a week... on a sunday (superferry) or saturday (negros navigation)

if you're planning on taking the ship all the way to manila you'll end up staying in coron a whole week (not a bad idea though) since the trip is manila-coron-puerto princesa-coron-manila...

another option is you go from PPS to coron via ferry, take the ferry back to PPS on a saturday (or friday for nenaco) and fly out of PPS to manila...

or take renzo's option: fly from coron to manila (warning: planes are tiny with tinier baggage limits... generally you'll have enough allowance to bring your dive gear and a toothbrush... no camera, housing, strobes, heavy BC/ BP or fins...)

if you're planning spending a while, changing underwear, bringing a 3mm full, using an SS BP, lugging a camera or whatnot, flying coron isn't the happiest of options unfortunately... lucky if the plane's not full, but you won't know that till you're at the terminal begging for them to let you carry your shoes onboard

Jag

PS
    http://www.superferry.com.ph/
    www.negrosnavigation.ph
    Balai Resort Anilao Sisid, Kain, Tulog, Kwento...
    The Scuba Stop website... Newly overhauled site is now online!
    My Blog Site...

Koya Kap

needs to retire and just dive

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I don't know if the Seair option of flying from Puerto Princesa to Busuanga Island (where Coron town is located) is still available. If yes, its the quickest but not necessarily the least expensive. Check out flying from PP to Cebu and Cebu to Busuanga Island via PAL express (edit: none, I just checked). Asian Spirit or SEAir.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Maraming maraming Salamat!

Well, since were flying in and out of Puerto Princesa, it looks like it's going to have to be Super Ferry. We did have to shorten our stay to account for the travel time and a couple of days waiting for the ship to sail. We'll still look into NN, but I prefer SF. Either way we get to spend some unscheduled time in PP. Any suggestions on what to do for two or three full days in PP? Where to stay?

Thanks again to all who responded. As it turns out, Cebu Pacific no longer serves that route. Sea Air apparently is down until after the first of the year. Given the potential for baggage limitations with the airlines, the Passenger Ferries are the only viable options. After all, We're going diving, and that can be gear intensive. Sometimes I feel I'm getting the "stinkeye" when clamboring aboard the Jeepney with a couple of heavy bags full of gear, and my backpack, taking up valuable passenger space.
    Pez7378

The trouble with people is not that they don't know much, but that they know so much that aint so.

Koya Kap

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Barangay Pasaway

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    try underground river, island hop/snorkel/dive in honda bay.

Barangay Pasaway

is drier than the pope in
    a brothel

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    i don't know how it can be arranged (most probably via the PP tourism office) but there's a wonderful tour of PP city you can do where you hit the nice and people-free beaches, then some back country waterfalls, the iwahig prison colony and the croc farm...

it's a full day's trip but great fun... if you're going with an S.O. you will definitely enjoy the time together...

a note about seair and asian spirit... when you check in at the airport they weigh your luggage THEN you! imagine what that made me feel like (i'm no waif)... i was wondering if they were gonna chuck me AND my dive gear off the plane to accommodate another 2 passengers

Jag

PS
    for any of you PPDs about to comment on my size or weight tadu!
    Balai Resort Anilao Sisid, Kain, Tulog, Kwento...
    The Scuba Stop website... Newly overhauled site is now online!
    My Blog Site...

Koya Kap

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by shugar View Post
    PS
    for any of you PPDs about to comment on my size or weight tadu!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Mmmmm Masarap! I'm not sure that counts as a comment caloy but it sure gets the point across! The day tour sounds nice, I'll look into it. I think we'll def. experience the underground river.
    Pez7378

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast