5,001 Domes deployed, project complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gen San Chris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
At last, after 40 months of work, the Sarangani Bay 5,000 Reef Dome Project is completed with 5,001 domes deployed!
Its been a lot of work but hopefully in the future all the domes will be covered with corals and blend in to the sea bed totally!
At the end of the project we did our sums and each dome cost less than 200 pesos each thats only $4.2, that I think is a very cheap price!
My hope for the future is that others will design and carry out their own projects to re build our reefs again!
In one area, Lion Beach in Gen San City, only 5 years ago on a one hour dive we saw only 3 fish, the conditions were septic tank like and I mean that literally! With a huge clean up effort by the City Government and more than 700 domes deployed there are more than 40 species of fish with numbers in the thousands!
If we can do it then so can any one else so why not give it a go and improve your own area, we did!

excellent work!!!!

there should be more people like your group...

Jag

PS
and personally i wouldn't mind adding 13 vietnamese poachers to that list of artificial reefs... tie some rope around their necks... attach to reef dome... say "here, fishy, fishy, fishy!"

Congrats.. Got any photos of the artificial reefs?

Gen San Chris,

Thanks for all that effort to establish artificial reefs. I wish I was there helping you!

AWESOME! We are going to do the same in our area. I will start in December. I hope we have the same success that you guys have had there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom