Is the everfamous Apo reef also Apo island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two distinct locations, the reef is on the western side of Mindoro and the island is off of the southern tip of Negros.

Last edited by a moderator:
two distinct locations, the reef is on the western side of Mindoro and the island is off of the southern tip of Negros.

Is it possible to visit in one day? like for example when ur in Bohol to dive panglao, u oughta dive balicasag since you're there already. So from dumaguete, wc destinations can i dive to make the most of the trip aside from Apo island? Siquijor? possible? Pandan maybe?

BTW: @ all: Tnx!

if you like muck diving and macro, then you can dive dauin and apo. dauin is the beach and apo is offshore. much like alona beach in bohol and balicasag island. only diff is dauin has dark sand and tons of critters.

Is it possible to visit in one day? like for example when ur in Bohol to dive panglao, u oughta dive balicasag since you're there already. So from dumaguete, wc destinations can i dive to make the most of the trip aside from Apo island? Siquijor? possible? Pandan maybe?

BTW: @ all: Tnx!

No u cant dive the original two(Apo Reef and Island) in one day, additionally, it takes too long to go from APO to Siquijor to do them on the same day(in my opinion) but you could concievably do APO and Dauin on the same day (morning in APO and night dive in Dauin or Dumagette)

I would have to agree with Rogersea. If you only have 1 day for diving (which is regretable in my opinion) You might as well devote that time in one location only. Apo Island for the day dive and Dauin, which is on the way back to Dumaguete, for the night dive is a great plan! Devoting the whole day to Apo Island is just as cool, too. We spent 1.5 days and 5 dives in Apo Island last August and it is still bitin. So, go figure.

Regards,
Gi

PS. I have attached my trip report on Apo Island for your reference.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/303814-tr-negros-dive-safari-apo-island-leg-aug-20-25-2009-a.html

Haha thanks guys! its not that I only have 1 day, it's more that I want to compress events on every plan to make the most of the trip.

So its??
2 days for apo and dauin from then how long does it take to get to siquijor? No airport on siquijor right?

Last edited:
Kenzo,
I dont know of anyone that does day trips to APO Reef(but there might be someone), So if your set on doing APO Reef you may want to google the reef and find an operator who goes there.

Not knowing how long you have to go diving, I would suggest if you are starting on Cebu,
Day 1, Moalboal (Pescador Island and one other site)
Day 2 and 3 APO (most dives there are great)
travel to Bohol in the evening
Day 4 and 5 Alona (Diving Balicisag several time)

But many of the board members are smarter than I am on this subject... Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom