Shore Diving, Snorkelling in Anilao or ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genomik

Registered
Reaction score
So I really love shore diving, snorkelling, muck diving and such. So I have done lots of research and it seems as though Anilao is really good for that. I am planning on going to PI, probably Anilao (after hurricane season ends) Nov, Dec etc. Panglao is also an option or if anybody has suggestions..... My girlfreind has family in PI so I can visit her family and dive.

It seems there is tons of great shore dives in PI. I like to scuba too, but find snorkelling to be really relaxing and enjoyable. I can snorkel for hours.

Specifically how would one go about this in Anilao (or Panglao)? What resort has a house reef thats nice and easy. For instance can I just swim out from resort or easy walk to shallow coral gardens? Maybe rent a banca or something. Are the reefs near shore messed up from so many people? I often find great dives in areas that many others overlook. Maybe some great sandy/grassy/mangrove areas?

Any other areas in PI for this? Any nice resorts with nice shore dives?

Anilao?
Puerto Galera?
Panglao?
Cebu?
Resorts?

Thanks in advance......

Planetdive in anilao is great for shore diving. They have a house reef called Twin rocks which is a great dive site with resident jack fish - whole bunch of them. You can even snorkel.

Last edited:
Anilao has great diving. It is spread out over a wide area so with shore diving you will miss a lot.

Currents can vary from none to strong. The muck diving is off a beach on the east side. They are building a large Korean resort there. There is a ton of trash on the beachb but very little underwater. Great site. Be VERY careful in the shallow areas. The boats beach themselves at full throttle. A little dangerous.

I dove with Club Ocellaris. I highly recommend them. This was one of the top 2 scuba resorts for photographers. Cheap dives, rooms and unlimited bottom time. (no baby sitting the divers) Alexis the dive master was the best I have ever had at finding critters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom