Mindanao December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to go to Mindanao at the end of December.
Any tips?
Also seems South Point Divers web site is down (only home page works). Would it be closed?
Thanks,
Jale.

try Mantangale near camiguin (mantangale.com or divecamiguin.com) .... if in the gensan area you can try cmbridge farms or search for gensanchris here in sb and pm him ...

yeah. I had a problem with our host. Right now the links are all dead. Should be ok by end of next week.

Anyway, we are still here..... Eager to dive with you. And you cant be more mindanao than us.

Paul

paul, looking forward to the next saranggani bay festival… i think i still owe you a few drinks and a dive.

@jale, gimme a pm if you're passing through davao.

Paul has good location for the Kamanga Coal Plant threatening the marine protected area. Maasim reef is very nice for coral and marine life at the moment, so good time to go before the area is finished.

The further sites along the coast (Kiamba and Maitum) are best dived with John Heitz and Chris Dearne who actually go there and know the area/sites well.

Sarangani (East) is plagued by those who like to destroy reefs. Beaches are good though.

Jale,

Are you HK-based, and did you try to buy my rebreather a few weeks ago over on rebreatherworld? If so, where's my drinks invitation?

:D

Jale,

Are you HK-based, and did you try to buy my rebreather a few weeks ago over on rebreatherworld? If so, where's my drinks invitation?

:D

Wow, you live up to your name: your senses are really sharp:)
For the drink(s), no problem with it...I was busy busy
Call you next week (going to Anilao this week-end:eyebrow:)

I got told that there is now an army battalion stationed on the site of the proposed power plant just 1/2 mile from Southpoint Divers.

They are there to protect the investments of the Governor's family, Toyota (Japan) and Thailands's EGCO (Thailands national power company) who are investors in the coal power plant.

This is in anticipation of ground breaking in early 2010.

Personally, I dont like diving in a militarised area in Mindanao for obvious reasons, even after diving in the area for several years.

Maybe Paul can reassure people like me by saying why this place is safer now than before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom