Upcoming Philippine Dive Trip Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks,

I just want to share my dive trip plan with everyone in case someone out there will be in the same place I will be at that time. It will be a good opportunity to meet up and do some dives together. So, here it is:

Feb. 25 to March 2, 2010: Boracay
I will be staying and diving with Blue Mango Divers. Most of my time will be spent going through the PADI Rescue Course but I plan to sneak in some fun dives and night dives in between. I will have one full day of fun dives for sure.

March 5 to March 12, 2010: Tubbataha
Liveaboard trip on the Pacific Explorer II - Expedition Fleet. Transition Trip #1.
Depart: Anilao then dive Apo Reef, Cogon Bay, and Tubbataha.
My brother's girlfriend backed out so there is one slot open right now. If you want to join us, send me a PM ASAP so I can find out if that slot is still open.

March 13 to March 19, 2010: Alona Beach, Bohol
I will be staying and diving with Sierra Madre Divers.

March 19 to March 25, 2010: Sogod Bay, Southern Leyte
I will be staying and diving with Peter's Dive Resort.

I am all booked and ready to go!

Phil

wow..you've covered the PI in a month!! I"m so jealous....
only if i can take off for a month!

you will love it. Great locations and wonderful diving this time of the year.

i think the livabord trip never happened, see other threads about the horrible experinces of the divers that booked that trip

I saw a post in DIVERSIONS that stated something about it being a HUGE flop...what gives????

i think the livabord trip never happened, see other threads about the horrible experinces of the divers that booked that trip

So Joe Cool, how about a report of your experience with Pacific Explorer II ? I am interested in using this boat for a 2012 trip and any info you can give is much appreciated.

So Joe Cool, how about a report of your experience with Pacific Explorer II ? I am interested in using this boat for a 2012 trip and any info you can give is much appreciated.

cim72lando, It has been a long while since my last post. I should have posted a trip report back in March/April but never got to do that. Just so you know, I was part of the Mamburao Group that never made it to Tubattaha on the Pacific Explorer 2. Here is a link to another thread that relates that story:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5097609-post7.html

and a follow up report here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5097618-post8.html

Concerning the Pacific Explorer 2: I love the layout of this dive boat. Lots of elbow room on the dive deck and it is definitely a lot more spacious than the sharp-looking dive yacht, the StellaMaris. I highly recommend diving with this boat if you are planning to book a trip with the Expedition Fleet. It is also one of their newer boats. Again, the dive deck is to die for. Lots of room. It is twice as spacious as the dive deck of the StellaMaris. The dining deck is virtually under a deck covered with a canopy. On calm nights, it is nice to be out there. On very windy nights, I don't think it will be fun to dine and hang out there.

Impressions of the Expedition Fleet: The crew of the Pacific Explorer 2 and the StellaMaris were absolutely very professional and fun to be with. I had an absolutely great time being with them and with the guests. The crew atmosphere on the ship was very positive and definitely upbeat. However, the Explorer Fleet management is another story. Though I have no comments when things go well, I do have something to say when an emergency strikes like when we encountered engine trouble on the Pacific Explorer 2. The way management decided to handle the situation was disgusting. They completely forgot about the paying customer and looked after their own interests. Most of the paying customers are from out of country and have planned this dive trip months, if not years in advance. To spoil their trip because management was more concerned about their boats and upcoming bookings was a complete turn-off. I do have to commend them for handling the refunds and rebookings. My brother and I got the nicest cabin on the StellaMaris when we rebooked out trip. And, Management gave us a full refund for return flights that were not used due to the cancelled trip. Some of our Mamburao buddies even got a free night stay with meals at a resort in Anilao that is affiliated with the Explorer Fleet.

If the dive trip is uneventful, diving with the Explorer Fleet is very satisfying. However, when some kind of emergency happens, the Explorer Fleet management is unprepared and their decisions will be based on their own interests rather than the paying customer. This said, be prepared to face the consequences but then again, emergencies rarely happen so hopefully, if one does happen, they would have learned their lesson on emergency preparedness and looking out for the customer's interests first.

FYI, I was diving with Karl H on the StellaMaris. I call him "TwinTanks Karl". A bear of a guy that always dives two Nitrox tanks and dives down to really deep depths for more interesting photo subjects with his nice camera rig. As soon as we reach the top edge of the wall, he starts his descent to 150ft or so and stays there for quite a long time. His trip post can be found here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5097618-post8.html and here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5175002-post18.html. He's got an upbeat and really positive attitude.

wow make sure you post a trip report!! If you sneak some fun dives in boracay be sure to include Camia II wreck (usually have ornate ghost pipefish around the wreck itself), Yapak II (chance of sharks, eagel rays...etc) and when you do a night dive ask to do it infront of the tourist centre - all the critters seem to be in that area - bobbit worms, hairy/warty/painted frogfish, robust ghost piepfish, coconut octopus, leaf fish, various nudibranchs, snake eels, star gazer etc....have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom