Shore diving locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelpout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Where are the top shore diving location in the Philippines? Heading in that direction in March want to do some diving with my daughter who is 11. doesn't like diving off a boat , prefers shore dives.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

I dunno if this will help but my first time to dive was at Planet Dive in Anilao, Batangas. It was a shore dive and it jump started my interest in diving. A friend who has a lot more experience diving opted to jump off the boat near Sombrero (which is quite near from Planet Dive) so you can have both options at Planet Dive :)

I second Planet Dive. Also in the Mabini area is Dive n Trek and Portulano, who have nice house reefs. Another option is the house reef of Atlantis Resort in Dumaguete. One of the best house reefs I've dove is in South Point Diver (Lemlunay Resort), Sarangani Bay.

Hope that helps.

i second the recos. Anilao has pretty good shore dive options

your daughter might want to try at least 1 boat dive in anilao though - bangkas are different from boats you may have dived off before and the experience would be different (assuming she's had bad boat experiences in the past); boats will also give you access to many other sites that would otherwise be shore entries if they had resorts or access available (read: fairly shallow)

Jag

i second dive and trek..
place = A+
customer service = A++++++++++++++++++++++

alex llorin (dive and trek)
+632 910 936 4556

Anilao sounds like a good option....

Thanks,
Jim

@eelpout

anilao is pretty good diving - but location and maybe also the dives getting boring for a 11 old lady.

cabilao divewise very good. excelent conditions. you dive on the reef top and go deeper as you wish. but very remote. not suitable for normal kids

with kids at that age (girl) i would clearly select el dorado beach resort on negros island. good hotel, pool, wifi and yammy food. maybe even more young people around.

dive the housreef just of the sandy beach which is about 30ft wide.

i would also have said, lets try a banka. they are much more practical for diving, provided they have a decent ladder for reentering the boat. then it would be asia divers at puerto galera/sabang. ideal for young ladis.

and by the way: happy new year
swisstrav

Eelpot,
I have made shore dives while visiting Alona(Bohol), Siquijor, Mactan and Moalboal(Cebu), APO Island, Romblon and Samar, I have not been to Aniloa. Of the places I have been to, I think Mactan is a good bet for an 11 year old girl(assuming she has little experience). Moalboal is an easy snorkel over the reef with plenty to see along the way.
One of the nice things about almost everyplace in the Philippines is that you can take very short boat rides to get to some great dive sites. It might be a good chance to use the trip to the RP as an opportunity to get her better aclimated to short boat rides, especially if she suffers from motion sickness on extended boat rides. HTH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom