A bit of an off topic-Manila advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U/Wdiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Nothing to do with diving, this is more like the after party.

We`ll be spending the last 2 nights of our PI holiday in Manila, while waiting for our flight we plan to do some shopping.
Question is where to stay, and second question is where to shop?
We are not looking for top end accommodation, more like mid-range, good value for money in a safe to walk at night area, with some good food and close proximity to great shopping (western sizes, not designer boutiques and lables).

Last I was in the Philippines Quad was the mall and shoes were all the rage in the presidential palace, so as you can see I have a lot of catching up to do :D

suggest the smaller hotels along Pasay Road in Makati. All the shoppong you would ever want is within walking distance, try Tower Inn

Avoid places that charge by the hour :D

I stayed in malati, didnt like it though. Mall of asia is pbb the biggest mall I ve ever seen

Lotus Gardens... Nice, clean, not too $$ And right accross the street from the big malll... What's it's name again??? Remingtons??? No That isn't it... Help me out here guys and galls!:dork2::dork2:

Lotus Garden in Ermita is close to Robinsons mall. It is close enough to the Mall Of Asia too. The hotel is safe, clean and takes very good care of its customers. They have Internet service, a business center, a restaurant (breakfast is included in your room price). We have used the Lotus for many years and never had any problems. We refer our guests and friends there all of the time. It is tucked away from some of the ugliness of a big city as well.

Last edited:
Thanks very much, the Lotus Garden looks very nice and prices are surprisingly cheap, looks like a winner!

Babydamulag:
Lotus Garden in Ermita ....It is tucked away from some of the ugliness of a big city as well.

I respectfully disagree. If anything it's closer. But then again you guys don't see thing thru local eyes.

Makati (excluding Burgos) is better for tourists who don't want to hang around bar girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom