Coron Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquapro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi im going to coron on the 27th with some friends. its our first time so i thought maybe i could get some advice/suggestions. :D ty

Have not been down there yet myself. But what i read it is some very good wreck diving. I will for sure get down there when i have more time of from work. But hope you have good trip and safe diving:cool2:

wreck diving is awesome
baracuda lake is must-do

village itself is boring; hotsprings are nice though

Dont eat at the japanese restaurant there

thanks sonar! will try to do baracuda lake! :)

russ, i will definitely try to drop by The Bistro. :) im not sure yet wer i will be staying, my friend did all the bookings.. but he said the hotel we are staying in is just a 5min walk away from the dive resort.

more than barracuda lake i suggest you do gunthers cathedral.
with regards to the wrecks be sure to do tai maru and akitsushima maru. but ask your dm first as they are quite deep and can involve some deep penetration which could be a problem if youre not used to diving wrecks.
be sure to bring torches
local food is cheap in coron but bistro is a good choice if you want italian food and dont mind paying manila prices.

I dove the wrecks in Coron last year.

I stayed at Sea Dive Resort which is on a pier and has it's own dive operation. I personally think it's the best game in town. The food at their restaurant is also good. They will accept your credit card for a fee.

I highly recommend using Nitrox for the wrecks as they are deep enough to give you more bottom time.

Don't forget to climb the 719 steps to Mt. Tapyas :D

thanks guys! :D

i will talk it over with my buddies about which sites to go to and i will definitely take your suggestions :D

i think we are climbing mt. tapyas and will drop by bistro as well :)

and thanks for that tip sonar! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom