Latest costs to stay in the RP over 59 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here is the latest costs to obtain the first 59 day extension after spending an initial 59 days in the R.P.
These costs include the newly required ACR-I Card. It is valid for one year. If you exit the RP during that year the card is supposed to be confiscated upon exit. Even if Immigration forgets to take it the card is void and a new one is required upon the first 59 day extension after returning to the RP for the first 59 days.

I think the next added "scheme" to get more money out of foreign visitors may sway my decision not to return to the RP.

Extension Fee 1000
Application Fee 300
Rentry Permit 250
Head tax 250
Visa Fees ECC 700
Certification Fee 500
LRF 50
ACR - I Card 2331
Express Lane 500
Certification 500
ACR - I Card (cost of card) 500

TOTAL 6881 Pesos (approx. $150.00 US)

The costs might have something to do with the government losing revenue from foreigners working in the Philippines illegally.....just a thought......

Look at the glass as being half full... now you'll have even more reason to stay longer once there. And/Or think of the money you'll save on flights in any given period since you'll already be there. :wink:

Have you seen how much it is the locals have to pay to get a US visa? It's $140.00 US that's before the interview... and lord knows that you are at the mercy of the consulate on that one...

The costs might have something to do with the government losing revenue from foreigners working in the Philippines illegally.....just a thought......

Possible but not likely. Foreigners working illegally in the RP should be deported and banned from returning for a period of time, if not permanently.

Have you seen how much it is the locals have to pay to get a US visa? It's $140.00 US that's before the interview... and lord knows that you are at the mercy of the consulate on that one...

That is a worse scenario. Filipinos that have no assets in the RP have little to no chance of getting a Visitor Visa to the USA. The younger they are the less chance they have. The US position is they won't return once they visit.

Look at the glass as being half full... now you'll have even more reason to stay longer once there. And/Or think of the money you'll save on flights in any given period since you'll already be there. :wink:

Perhaps that's how the RP Government views it :wink:

is the glass half full or half empty?

neither way. i am just in the situation that my 59 days visa expires in a few days. i would like to go to an other new destination and do some more diving i.e. spending my money.

but getting an extension at costs of 6881 php? no thank you. i just move on.

this is the other side of the coin. by the way i had some great diving here. regret not to be able to spend some more days/money in the philippines

I would offer that if spending $150.00 US is the tipping point whether individuals extend their stay or move on to greener pastures then the Philippine government would probablly believe that those individuals would not be contributing too much to the ecomony.

I also think this only affects a very small number of individuals who are actively spending/contributing to the economy, and will hopefully deter some of the sexpats from sticking around too long.

Cheers,
Roger

<snip> hopefully deter some of the sexpats from sticking around too long.

Cheers,
Roger
You learn something new everyday... sexpat. Considering how common it is, I can't believe I never heard it before. Thx for the vocabulary expansion. :wink: (Sorry it even exists in the first place though... :shakehead:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom