Is this typical for Tubbataha???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings, Philippine junkies -

Considering a trip to Tubbataha in 2011, have read a great many reports about trips and boats, and ran across this report ...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...-post-your-trip-reports-tubbataha-2010-a.html (scroll down to post #20 by "demonic death" (must be a real cheery character).

We have never been to Tubbataha ... if we go, will we be greeted with a watery desert as described by this person? I can understand that the diving may have/could have degraded in 4 years, but is this still a world class destination? Just looking for thoughts of others who have been there recently.

Thanks in advance!

I was there in March and had a blast, although it was my first time in Tubattaha.

I know visiting a few weeks later and thought it was much better than the time they visited 3 years earlier - although they did say the first time they dived there was way better then both the other visits - that was almost 10 years back though.

Based on what I got to see there I was more than happy - the only thing I'd change is the time I went, it was pretty much the half way point between moon cycles so the currents weren't too string. The few dives with the bigger current were the one I'll always remember! When it was slack there wasn't always so much to see on the reef top but there were a lot of bigger stuff down towards the on the bottom of the wall on pretty much every dive - although in a lot of cases you couldn't see the bottom even when you were at 50m!!!!

HTH,

Karl

Back
Top Bottom