Budget, but not sleaze - Big Apple ? Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivinRich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Spending way too much on my flight, need to save some money somewhere.........

Been looking at all the websites, it's really hard to tell what's OK and what's not from just a small pic....usually the old adage "you get what you pay for" is pretty spot on.

Anyways, looking for 5 nights accomodations in PG, aircon and pool are the only real luxuries I need, will be travelling with GF so don't want to be in the middle of the sleaze (but she's not afraid to wander in and have a drink !)

Looking for suggestions around the 1500 range.

Thanks !

At that price, I can,t think of anything with a pool... but if you,re willing to spend a few more $$, la Laguna Beach Club has a very nice place (one of the nicest). Nice rooms, nice pool, good restaurant/ bar, and the best beach of the area. Oh and it's a 10 minute walk from Sabang, so very calm and quiet (no sleeze...). I stayed there with my girlfriend and we (I mean SHE... :rofl3:) was very happy! I was paying around 50$ US per night during low season...

Just food for thought!:coffee:

Hmmmm..1500 a night. Codman is correct, it will be hard to find a pool at this price range. LaLaguna beach club pool is nice and the rooms are okay, but they face in with no ocean view, (important to me). It's quiet and their is a nice restaurant, plus a small restaurant next door, which I ate at every day while staying in small lalaguna.
I would recommend Banana Moon Resort. No pool, but clean, safe, spectacluar view, large balcony, rooms have cable, hot water, refrigerator, some have kitchens. Price is variable, but 1500-1700 range. Restaurant is average, better to walk to the point bar or sabang. Wifi in the restaurant. Mark at Searider the dive op found this place for us and I really liked it as it was quiet, dive shop next door, yet an easy walk to big laguna or sabang.
Oh it is next door to the portafino which has a pool, but the room are small, most with no view.
You will enjoy your stay in Mindoro.

I stayed at Sabang Inn on the waterfront, the guy gave me a superior room for the regular price and it was huge, think I paid $17, it was great value. I paid two and a half times the amount for a shoebox of a room at Alona Beach in Bohol. Have a look at their website Sabang Inn Resort, Room Rates.

Sabang isn't really that sleazy to be honest, there is little to no harassing people to entice them to the girlie bars. Anyway once you've seen them once they get boring fast.
If you're going to dive out of small La Laguna Beach you may want to stay over there though the walk is only 10 minutes.

My GF and I stayed at Sabang Inn and dove with Mark (Searider). He would send over his banca from La laguna to pick us up at no extra cost. Worked out great.

P1,500.00 for a AC room with pool in PG!!!
The pool at LLBC is pretty small. Their rooms are too too expensive for me.
The pool at Big Apple is bigger. However, there are some undesirable females hanging around the bar which is open for 24hrs. The room at the back could be quieter BUT I cannot promise. Peter Wilson, dive instructor, is very good.
Action Divers, Frontier and South Sea are small but established dive operators. Check their respective web sites for informations.
Sea Queen and Club Mabuhay are other alternatives.

P1,500.00 for a AC room with pool in PG!!!
The pool at LLBC is pretty small. Their rooms are too too expensive for me.
The pool at Big Apple is bigger. However, there are some undesirable females hanging around the bar which is open for 24hrs.

That's why I mentioned Big Apple, the deluxe room is like 1000p/night, but seems kind of sleezy, just thought there might be something in that range with a pool yet not so party oriented.......

Thanks for the tips guys, Sabang Inn Resort, Room Rates looks nice, is there a pool ? I see a pic, but not anything in the text. Also the place I posted in earlier seems nice as well, at least it has some beach according to the pic's, and John has answered several emails so far........

Just don't want to freak my honey out by taking her to Pattaya you know ?

Edit - Found the pool at Sabang Inn...request for reservations sent !!!

Thanks so much, just what I was looking for !!

I've stayed at Atlantis, El Galleon and Out of the Blue private villas in PG which are all good. However, the PPD's favorite is Out of the Blue. I got the studio room last time out (which is right beside the pool area and has its own kitchenette) for only $40 a night. Maybe higher rate now but the place ( and balcony view) will not disappoint.

I'm also intending on going to Sabang in March next year for 10 nights (after an 11 night stay in Coron), so I'm looking at the budget end of the accommodations (prefer a longer cheaper trip instead of a short expensive trip) - up to a maximum of 1,500 PHP a night & I've also been looking at the Big Apple & Sabang Inn - still can't decide which one to choose - I want a tidy clean room with aircon.
I would welcome any comments or recommendations on either the above accommodations - or any other recommendations.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom