Bohol diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weitodive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, I got a certificate for a few free nights stay at the Oasis Resort in Bohol. I was wondering if anyone has ever been here. Also, any recommendations on the diving there. I have till May 2011 to use it so when would be the best time to go to bohol and maybe Malapasqual. Would like to hit a couple of islands while i'm there just to make sure the trip is worthwhile.

hi :) may is a good month to dive there since the southern part of the country is not affected by the northwest monsoon. the best dives sites at bohol is balicasag :wink:

Both Balicasag and Cabilao have excellent dive sites...Also, Snake Island (its not a real island, but a sea mount off the coast of Panglao) is awesome. Did my rescue there, and about 30+ dives in the area. Those places I listed above really stand out in my mind.

When I was there, I was based on Panglao (connected to Bohol by a small bridge). I am not sure where Oasis Resort is, but Bohol is a beautiful island (Chocolate Hills,tons of cascading rice fields, emerald colored rivers, waterfalls, etc...and of course, the ever-elusive tarsiers). You should definitely rent a motor bike and explore the island while you are there...it really is impressive.

I was thinking of actually heading back there this coming fall/winter because I had such a great time when I was there, but I think I am headed to Thailand instead...never been. :)

Back
Top Bottom