FS: Dive-Rite Trans Pac w/ Travel Wing Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moyzee222

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm selling my BC, it's a Dive-Rite Transpac (red trim) w/ Travel Wing bladder for 17k. It's been with me for close to a year now but still in excellent condition. The size of the Trans Pac soft harness is large. The travel wing bladder has a lift capacity of 30 lbs, for single tank use only.

Like in my previous post, I cant post pics yet ( I need 5 post, I think before I can link a pic) but will gladly send a pic if requested.

Thanks again!.

Reason for selling: Upgraded by gears:D
Item location: Alabang
Cell: 0917-517-77-07

Last edited:
Hi butanding,

I upgraded to a backplate with simple harness and doubles capable BC. Planning on tech lessons so will be needing a set-up that can handle two tanks.

I would love to keep the BC or the transpac but decided to sell it as a package.

Thanks.

to moyzee222,

sir,

i asked the question what is your reason for selling because i also want to know what other things you dont like about the transpac and travel wing.

another reason why im asking is because i am the one who bought your transpac thanks to my instructor mr paul. actually im excited for the package to arrive. in fact, i will immediately use it for a coron palawan trip next week.

mr moyzee, what other advice or suggestions do you have with the diverite transpac and travel wing. what other upgrades should be done to maximize its capability. i hope i can contact you here regarding questions with the diverite.

for me, its thanks to scubaboard, thanks to moyzee222 and thank you to my instructor paul

Hi butanding,

It's a very comfortable BC but I plan to take Tech lessons soon so i'll be needing a bigger BC with backplate. I also got a good deal on a BC that i have always wanted so it was hard to pass up on that. No more closet space for the transpac and travel wing.

The Dive Rite Travel wing is donut shaped so it's easy to dump air out. No trapped air unlike other BCs where you need to pull the purge valve to let the air out. It is also easy to inflate when you're at the surface of the water whether you do it manually or via the inflator hose.

Our dives here in the Philippines are very different from those done abroad. We have the luxury of boatmen getting our gear once we surface unlike in other countries were divers need to go up the dive boat with complete gear. That's where the quick releases of the Dive rite comes in handy. You can easily get out of your gear, swim with fins and just let your gear float towards the banca and let the boatmen bring it up for you.

The only concern i have with the transpac is that it's not back plated and for single tank use only. At the surface, The weights inside the weight pouch tends to slightly push your face towards the water. The simple remedy is to lie flat at your back or put the weight pouches at the tank band. The problem with weights at the tank band is that you wont be able to dump your weights in case of an emergency.

I have seen Anilao divers modify their transpac by installing backplates to it with a single tank adaptor. I really don't know how to do the process but I've seen a least three divers who have rigged it that way.

Our group is planning a Dive Trip to Coron this coming September. I'm quite excited. Let me know how's it like coz I've never been there.

If you have further questions just give me a call.

Cheers.

Mark
0917-517-77-07

Last edited:
good day.

ive been using a bulky dacor rig 2 with a 64 pound lift. its actually the old school of twin tanks and has been used as for salvaging and recovery dives. but im only a single tank only diver (havent tried twin tanks) who just wants to enjoy. leisure and travel is my target. so i didnt plan yet on tech diving..

i was about to get an oxycheq backplate and wing or a halcyon eclipse in the near future but i think diverite transpac is perfect because i am not ready for a backplate and wing yet. but i want a gear almost to that.

had the first dive with the transpac today. so so nice. very very comfortable. galing. ganda. we tried to fix a couple of things. we moved the weights to the very side. still accessible but near the tank so balance can be better. also, we installed a crotch strap for added comfort. thanks for the spare weight bag. it was only today we noticed the other one was a little ripped already.

my next dive will be in coron on friday. i only tried your ex bc twice today but wow talaga. yes i will update about coron. it willl also be my first time. also, try to visit down south and visit lemlunay. its an endless wall in saranggani bay. keep on diving.

thank you for selling a very nice well maintained bc.

whaleshark (butanding)

fyi.. my profile pick i took a picture of a whaleshark only 60 feet deep i was on the bottom. the giant passed on top. an unforgettable experience

Last edited:
Butanding,

Sorry for the late reply, I was in Anilao last weekend but I'm glad you enjoyed and configured the Dive-Rite BC to your specific needs. I got the extra weight pouch as replacement but didn't have the time to change the old one since I got my new BC so I included it with the shipment.

I'll try to mention lemlunay to my Dive Buddies, hopefully we can do a dive trip to there after Coron if our schedule permits. Wishing for more long weekends! Hehe!

Nice Pic of the Butanding! You're very lucky! Unfortunately for us Anilao Divers the resident Butanding met an untimely demise. Bummer!

BTW,

The Dive Rite BC posted by my dive buddy Aquapro is with me right now. Our friend who used to own it had to leave for work duties abroad. It's practically new and only used twice for pool session. Let me know in case any of you Gen San Divers are interested.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom