Hotel & Diveshops: Subic, Anilao, Mindoro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teegear

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Mabuhay PI Paradise Divers,

I leave to the Philippines by myself for a 19 day trip later this week and I'm wondering if you having any recommendations for cheap/adequate hotels AND knowledgeable, professional dive shops in:

i) Subic
ii) Anilao area
iii) Sabang/PG

Yeah, yeah yeah . . . I heard it many times before, its typhoon season.

I won't be lounging around the hotel, sipping margaritas in the pool or relaxing on the sand. I want something clean, cheap and isn't "seedy".

The dive shops don't not have to be associated with the recommended hotel/resort either. I don't mind walking from my hotel to the dive shop (less than 2km).

Thank you all for your help ahead of time. And if you're around PI at that time, I'd love to have a dive partner or meet someone for a beer. Until then.

teegear-at-yahoo-dot-com

i) Subic(Baloy Beach): Dive shop: Johan dive centre.
Hotel: Harley Pub (P1,000.00 per night), Johan(P1,000.00) and Mangrove.
ii) Anilao: Aquaventure
iii) PG: Dive shop: Big Apple, Frontier, Sea Rider and South Sea.
Hotel: Angelyn, Step Terraces(Garden). Too many to list !!! Just turn up and see for yourself.

+1 In PG there are so many dive shops and hotels, you can easily walk around, ask to see rooms/ instalations, then decide for yourself.:coffee:

i) Subic(Baloy Beach): Dive shop: Johan dive centre.
Hotel: Harley Pub (P1,000.00 per night), Johan(P1,000.00) and Mangrove.
ii) Anilao: Aquaventure
iii) PG: Dive shop: Big Apple, Frontier, Sea Rider and South Sea.
Hotel: Angelyn, Step Terraces(Garden). Too many to list !!! Just turn up and see for yourself.

I've only ever tried and do recommend Boardwalk Divers in Subic and; Aquaventure in Anilao;

As for Puerto Galera...

1) In White Beach, i dived with Pacific Divers
2) In Small La Laguna, we stayed in Sha Che Inn and dived with Captain Gregg's and Asia Divers
3) Also in Small La Laguna, we stayed in Out of the Blue Villas (not cheap) and dived with Action Divers

:D

In Anialo try out Planet Dive, they have a house reef for shore diving. Aquaventure is okay as well.
Mindoro; I like Mark at Searider, good prices and has a speed boat, good DM's. They are right next door to Action divers. Asia divers and el Galleon is a nice place, but expensive for my taste.
I stayed at Banana Moon, quiet at 1700P at night in small lalaguna.

I love the subtle PUBLIC SERVICE ADVERTISEMENTS....LOLOLOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom