Easy (cheap) way to get to Subic, PG or Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going diving Saturday, not sure where yet. Can anyone tell me he easiest and cheapest way to get to Subic, Anilao or PG say Friday night, coming back Sunday
Dave

Last edited:
where are you coming from? airport or hotel? QC, makati, manila?
between anilao and PG, easier and cheaper will be PG. take the bus to batangas pier then take ferry to PG.
not sure about subic. i guess you hop on a bus to olongapo. not sure how to get inside the freeport or go to baloy beach.

edsa traverses the cities of caloocan, quezon, mandaluyong, makati and pasay. all in metro manila. the reason i ask is because there are bus terminals along EDSA between kamuning and East ave in Quezon city, another one in Cubao also in QC, one more along EDSA in Pasay and the last one along taft Ave. cor. Buendia in makati.

Just get a van from the hotel. Simple.

There is no such thing as cheap and easy to go to Anilao, PG or Subic from Manila at night!!
1. The connection by jeepney from Batangas area to Anilao at night is infrequent.
2. The last public boat from Batangas Pier to PG leaves around 16:00. You need to spend a night at Batangas.
3. Subic(Baloy Beach) is managable. Bus to Olongapo and then bus/jeepney to Baloy and beyond. Make sure you know where to get off to Baloy Beach. It is on a little road just off the National Highway 100m down from Midnight Ramblers. 4-5 hrs journey from Manila.
Good luck.

welcome to ppd Dave1w! :D

FOR BATANGAS

got this from here

1. Board any Batangas City bound bus at Taft Ave., Buendia terminal. (Roughly 2.5-3 hours travel)
2. Ask the conductor to drop you off where the Bauan/Mabini jeep terminal is.
3. Board the Mabini jeep and tell driver to drop you off Mabini, this trip will end at the docking area. (Some jeeps do not reach up to Mabini if they have no passengers anymore.)
4. Take the jeep at this area in order to go to the resorts in Mabini, etc. (Last trip is at 5pm, I think, better make it 4pm when planning.)

Contact Details of the Bus that goes to Batangas
JAM Transit
Destinations: Batangas, Quezon and Laguna provinces south of Manila.
Telephone Numbers: +63 2 541 4409, +63 2 924 7712, +63 2 831 4390.
Manila to Batangas: ~US$5

FOR SUBIC

Contact Details of the Bus that goes to Subic
Victory Liner Incorporated
Location 713 Rizal Avenue Extension, Caloocan City
Destinations: Olongapo and Iba Cities in Zambales province, Tarlac province, San Fernando in La Union province, Baguio City, Benguet province, Alaminos, Bolinao and Dagupan cities in Pangasinan province and Tuguegarao and Aparri towns in Cagayan province. All in the north of Manila on Luzon.
Telephone Numbers: +63 2 833 0293, +63 2 833 5019, +63 2 361 4665, +63 2 741 1439, +63 2 361 1506, +63 2 361 1510
Manila to Olongapo: ~US$5

In Olongapo, catch a jeepney north to the beach towns of Barrio Barretto and further to Subic. This is the stretch where you will find most of the beachside resorts and hotels. The jeepneys are easily identifiable as they are the blue jeepneys.

hope that helps :wink:

The cheapest way is to get a lift with someone :wink:

Otherwise, for Anilao there's always Kiko's fleet transfers - I'm not sure how much it costs but I remember seeing a price of around 800 Php round trip mentioned somewhere - that gives you a good options between the fully private transfer and the fully public transport options :) Not sure of the contact details but someone here, or a quick google search, should be able to provide some leads :)

In Anilao the cheapest resort would be San Jose Dive Camp, I had tanks filled there once but haven't seen the accommodation - I'm pretty sure it has the lowest rooms rates though!

For PG I'd recommend La Laguna Beach Club, not the cheapest but the dive shop is one of the best and the dive rates are very good value for money there as there are multiple boats and you're not likely to end up sharing a boat/dives with several other groups. The accommodation is a lot better than most other resorts. If you call them directly in the off-season they should be able to arrange a inclusive package for the room, breakfast and a number of dives at a much lower rate.....

Easier, faster and cheaper to go to Subic from EDSA. Air conditioned Victory Liner @ EDSA goes non stop to Olongapo/Subic, if PG you still need to take a ferry from Batangas.
I have not taken this route since the US Navy pulled out of that base, I hear the roads are even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom