PLANNING TRIP w/ DISABLED DIVER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for suggestions on which dive resorts in the Philippines can best accommodate a disabled diver. The diver is wheel chair bound paraplegic & very experienced.

2 main things we are looking for - Access around the resort, don't want too many stairs; access on & off the boat & room on the boat.

Thank you

JK

Club Mabuhay and Atlantis have facilities that are easy to negotiate with a wheel chair. They were not purpose built for wheel chair bound divers. Good luck and have a blast in the Philippines!

I had seen disabled divers diving with La Laguna Beach Club in PG. There are several ground floor rooms in the resort and the access to the dive shop, restaurant and swimming pool should pose no problem with the wheel chair. But you do have to negotiate several flight of steps to get onto the beach and the boat. They also possess one small speed boat which is much easier to get on and off than banka.
Club Mabuhay on Small La Laguna(PG) offer similar facilities.
I am not familiar with Atlantis but on very low tide....I do not want to walk on the filthy water in Sabang(PG).
Johan at Subic is my another suggestion. But the resort is rather cramp.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom