OMS Slipstream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edzville

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Who/What Dive Store in the Phils is the official distributor of OMS products? I want to buy an OMS Slipstream Fins locally to ensure proper fit rather than ordering online and risk getting a product that I can't use due to improper sizing.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Just bought our whole family a pair of these. I have sized and resized to get a pair for me, my husband and daughter. I am a female, wear a 10-10.5 size street shoe and an 8 7 mm bootie, I wear the LX with the L spring strap. My husband wears a mens 9-9.5 street shoe, his bootie is a 9 3 mm he wears the XL also with the L spring strap. My 12 yr old daugher wears a 8 womens street shoe and wears a 6 bootie 3 mm she has the Large fin. Look on Leisurepro.com and read questions asked, that helped alot with out sizing. Good Luck!

Forgot to add, the Lg fins do not have a rounded edge on the front of the pocket, which I prefer. However, the XL do have a rounded edge on the front of the pocket, which we do not prefer, but and live with. The rounded portion, kind of digs into your foot while standing. Granted you will not be doing much standing or in that position.

Its Nautilus in Arnaiz (Pasay Road ) Makati near kink cakes. Better have your booties you are going to use with them when you buy. I had a difficult time finding the right size, luckily the owners are very helpful. The slipstreams are a bit stiff compared to the jets and might affect fit. The jets and slipstreams are sized differently. I wanted a slipstream but ended up w/ a jet due to sizing issues (no regrets there...:D). I suggest you also get the spring straps which make donning/doffing a breeze and are virtually indestructible. And finally try them in the water! (I learned this the hard way).

They are also open Saturdays 12-4 (Tel. no. 8177293)

Best fins in the world!

I suggest you call them (nautilus) up first before going, as I was there last saturday and noticed that they don't have it on display. It seems that they run out of stock and i guess its one of their fast moving item.

Thank you very much for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just give Nautilus a call to check if the have stock available and then bring my booties when i go there to ensure proper fit.

Thanks and kodus to all! =)

I have XXL (size 12 rockboot), can't say I have noticed any problems with rounded edges whilst standing.

I have been really happy with these up until recently. The short wide paddles are good for tight spaces like under piers and in wrecks where going slow and frog kicking is the order of the day but a long surface swim or into current and you'll be knackered pretty quickly.

One of my buddies with split fins leaves me in his wake on a surface swim.

Just did a DUI Dog Day and had on a 9 rockboot and almost could not get my foot into my XL. Very tight fit. My 12 yr old daughter had on a 8 rockboot, could not get her foot into the L fin. Had to move her up to an XL jet fin which was very tight and difficult to get on.

Back
Top Bottom