Accommodation in Sogod Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pughio83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend any good dice centres/accommodation in sogod bay or comment on the three i am interested in?. Have decided to go early April, and have found three places:

-Sogod BAy scuba Resort (prices quite cheap they seem on website and has mixed reviews)

-Peters Dive resort (bit more expensive)

-The castle Sogod bay (looks amazing but not cheap at 4500-6400 peso/night)

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

I've been to SBSR 3 times already. Very satisfied with the service, recommended by the PPD.

Bangers and Mash and Dopey's Burger are my fave in the menu. You can have some native dishes in Moose and Squirrels.

Been to SBSR one time a few years ago. Well run operation. I had no complaints with it.

Ditto on SBSR and Moose & Squirrel.

Another vote for SBSR. The only negative I have is the menu is rather limited but the resort itself is delightfully small so it goes with the territory. Plus I went to dive, not eat. :wink:

Be sure to post a trip report once back. :)

Another one for Sogod Bay Scuba Resort. Really nice rooms - nicer than I usually stay at. Careful about sitting in Ron's porch chair...:D Let's just say I had to test the waters - that's the trouble with having your home attached to the resort shall we say...careful about letting Americans lay about where they will.

I did go down and try Peters for dinner. o.k. but nothing special at the time. Granted this is about 3 years ago. At the time SBSR was talking about getting some help with the menu from a good chef.

I stayed at the Castle. It is probably the best accommodation in Leyte. The only place in PB where you will get gourmet food. It has its own private beach and a nice pool to hang out at. Although the Castle is a little out of the way, David, the owner, is willing to haul you there and back to your dive shop in his comfortable van at no additional cost. That's right, it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. It all depends what you want. If you are just looking for a place to crash, SBSR is fine. Just roll out of your bed and into the banca and off you go!

cheers guys, will def post a trip report and should hopefully have a camera by then to post some pics though choosing a decent camera for entry level isnt that easy, been looking a DC1200 sealife with strobe. anyways, will have to discuss with the mrs re where to stay, castle looks good and maybe worth paying for for the 5days or so i aim to be there as will mainly be me doing the bulk of the diving so more facilities for a non diver the better (though i know there isnt much to do there for non divers!)

We went diving with Peters, we were taking a visa run from work in borneo, booked a budget room which ended up being taken when we arrived, so we got bumped up to the delux en suite for the same price =p. Nice pool, great house reef (2 different pygmy seahorses), the whale sharks around limasawa were wonderful (only 3 people on the boat, at one point we each had out own whaleshark!) and the breakfast is amazing, fresh homemade bread and a veggie omelet. We loved peters dive resort and I often think of returning to Sogod Bay, the corals were absolutely pristine around napantau (spelling?) and we ended up seeing pilot whales, whale sharks, and of course the two days we decided to take dry days they saw pairs of manta rays... but that's just life I guess... Nice small groups, all advanced divers (no koh taoers to deal with), and good times all around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom