Any shortish Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krisdahl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Been doing a lot of searching, but not finding a lot of liveboard trips that are under a week long.

I'll likely be in the Philippines from the evening of December 13th though the 21st, landing in Manila. So I'd need to be able to land in Manila, get to the boat and back to Manila ready to fly in roughly 7 days. Tight timeframe makes me think that best choices would be close to Manila... maybe Apo Reef or Peurto Galera? Cebu seems like would be to far?

Trying to work a budget-friendly 4-5 day liveaboard, or perhaps shore-based accommodations with daily dive trips.

My experience, got my PADI open water certification in Ko Phi Phi, Thailand. Have all my gear, but haven't been on another trip since. Consider myself a beginner for sure, would be interested in taking some courses like Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Wreck diving.

I have no real preference to animals--I guess I like the big ones if I had to choose, but I'm new, so everything is pretty interesting. I'd like to do a shark dive, also a night dive.

Budget-wise I suppose I consider myself a 'flashpacker'. Looking for adventure, can spend some money, but am trying to watch the budget to allow for longer/more frequent trps.

I emailed Frontier Scuba, waiting to hear back... They are doing a liveaboard trip the week before I'll be there, hoping they have another one lined up!

Cheers,
-k

Rags II has a trip to Apo Reef from 13-17th!!!!!
Ragstwo dot com
With only OW rating perhaps it would be better if you could gain more experiences before joining a liveaboard.
AOW and Nitrox are very useful to pursue the fun of diving. And I am pretty sure Rick at Frontier is more than capable to provide all the training required.
You should be able to see couple of sleeping white tips at Shark Cave(27m).

LaLaguna Beach Club organises liveaboards to Apo Reef for 4 days. it's costly though... More expensive than finding a budget accomodation in Sabang and getting 3-4 dives in a day... But if you really want liveaboard, it's definetly an option...:coffee:

LaLaguna Beach Club organises liveaboards to Apo Reef for 4 days. it's costly though... More expensive than finding a budget accomodation in Sabang and getting 3-4 dives in a day... But if you really want liveaboard, it's definetly an option...:coffee:
LBC can certainly organize a liveaboard trip but Frank had long sold Rags II to a group based in Dubai. So he might not be able to arrange one in short notice(next month).
Atlantis has its own boat but even more expensive.
Full board + 3-4 dives a day in Sabang should not cost more than US$130.00, however on liveaboard it will be US$200.00+.

Full board + 3-4 dives a day in Sabang should not cost more than US$130.00, however on liveaboard it will be US$200.00+.

There seems to be serveral "sabang's" in the Philippines. You're talking about the one west of Manila bay?

I'm kinda leaning towards catching a puddle-jumper to Puerta Princessa and diving the Tubbataha reef.

Or is Apo a better choice?

I'd like to check out the Puerta Princessa underground river... is that the Sabang you're talking about (right next to national park)?

I'm really into WWII history, would be cool to see some wrecks, although I don't have a wreck certification.

Sabang in Puerto Galera.
You can dive Tubbataha which is MUCH MUCH better than Apo Reef but ONLY from Mid Mar to Mid June.
With only OW rating most of the wrecks at Coron are too deep for you. Same applied at Subic Bay. But some operators MIGHT take you there!!
You have about 9 days in the country and going to the Underground River(Sabang) in Palawan will .......not much time left for scuba diving.

Hrm... I guess I misread about Tubbataha. Short window of opportunity!

Have some thinking & planning to do.

Here is an oddball one: Can anyone recommend a good dentist, probably in Manilla? Would like to get a crown redone while I'm there. Is much cheaper than US even accounting for insurance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom