Bring the muck stick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midget

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a 2011 SE Asia holiday. My friends really want to see some of Thailand (I've lived there in the past) so Thailand it is. However, for the diving bit of the holiday I've decided that it makes more sense to take a Cebu Pacific flight from Bangkok to Manila before flying home. I think that it will work out to cost less than diving Thailand, and I'm pretty sure the diving will be superior. We're going in September.
It is looking like Anilao for 4 or 5 nights. This will be our first time in the Philippines.
Anilao's macro is good, eh? But is it muck like Lembeh?
Don't know if I should I bring the muck stick. I often used it as a monopod doing photography at Lembeh, but don't know if Anilao is all coral or if there is sand to plant myself in.

I've scoured this forum for facts and tidbits about Anilao, but I welcome any advice regarding dive operators, good macro dive sites, etc that is on offer. We're budget to mid range travelers.

Happy New Year to all the scubaboard members!

anilao has both muck and coral sites. am not sure what you mean by muck stick but if its like the stainless steel rod that many use, i think it will come in handy.

great macro sites are secret bay and basura.

Yup....the stainless steel rod is what I call a muck stick. I don't know a better name for it.

Are night dives good at Anilao, too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom