Visayas June 4 through the 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In a few weeks we go to Cebu City. My friend an island girl is a new swimmer and wants to learn to dive so we can enjoy diving together. Sometime at the beginning of our trip i would like to settle down at one place 4 or 5 nights and let her get her certification. About the only place i know we are set on going is Bohol. After the 19th we are off to San Jose Mindoro. Any recommendations for places to see and dive in Visayas from June 4 to the 19th.
thanks

Moalboal just to see the big school of sardine at Pescado Island.
Diving with Nelson at Ocean Safari Philipppines and stay at Eve's Kiosk(next door).
Alternatively, Dumaguette and Apo Island.
And if you are feeling "adventurous", Camiguin(island with 7 volcanoes) or Siqujor(witch island).
So many places but so little time.

thanks Moalboal is on my short list maybe get her certified there. Any recommendations of some upscale places to stay, Kasai or Turtle Bay?

thanks Moalboal is on my short list maybe get her certified there. Any recommendations of some upscale places to stay, Kasai or Turtle Bay?

At the south end of the beach ( if you want to call it a beach ) is Loves Resort. It is a nice place to bring a girl because it has a pool and the rooms are decent by Pinoy standards. Close enough to walk to everything but far enough from the loud music of the local disco or videoke machines.

Kasai is nice but not so close to Panagsama Beach where all the little restos and bars are at. But if that is not your care then for sure Kasai is a good choice for those not on a budget.

If you are on Bohol and make the trip to Panglao Island on Bohol's western side, make sure you do a day trip to Balicasag Island - fantastic hard and soft corals, great wall and drift diving, huge schools of jacks. My favourite site was called 'Diver's Heaven' - very aptly named! :wink: Panglao Island itself also has good wall diving and is well served by a fair number of quality dive shops along Alona Beach.

balicasag island in bohol would be one of the best places for an intro dive.
here is a little of what to expect in baicasag:

i recommend sierra madre divers. not only are they a local operations, they will also offer you the best rates plus they have affordable, though spartan, rooms for rent.
pm for contacts if interested

btw, i am not connected to them in anyway, but ive been diving with them for my past 7 visits to bohol.
cheers

thnaks for all of the suggestions. We ended up spending a few days in the Cebu Mactan area and then off to Bohol. Stayed at Alona beach for 7 days. The diving was fabulous. I plan on writting a full review later. We also ended up in El Nido, Palawan, we did some diving there but the weather turned on us and the vis dropped.

This is my third trip to the Phil, so far i have dove Bohol, Mactan, Puerto Galera, El Nido, Boracay. Next trip i would like to do Appo reef off of Mindoro and Coron, maybe Anilao if there is time .

Glad to hear you liked Bohol diving. I leave in August for a 2 week trip. The heart of rainy season!!! Its hit or miss I know...will be in Cebu for 2 days than Bohol for 6 days and undecided on another location.

This will be my 3rd trip to Philippines. First time was Puerto Galera. 2nd time was Bohol and Malapascua

So, as I will be in Bohol soon I look forward to reading your report.

will be in Cebu for 2 days than Bohol for 6 days and undecided on another location.
How about Moalboal just to give your body and your gear a thoroughly deserted cleansing!!!!!
Diving at Bohol is great but the washing water!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom