Advice on booking airfare Hong Kong to Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know Centrals will know :D but I thought rather than send a PM I'd post here and maybe catch the advice of some other HK divers.

I want to book the red-eye on Cebu Pacific from HK to Cebu on Mon Jan 9 (return evening of Fri Jan 13) and was wondering if the website is the only way to do it? I had asked my regular travel agent here in Toronto but she can only book Cathay Pacific which is more than twice the price. Ouch!

Can a HK travel agent book this? And if yes does anyone have any recommendations of TA you use?

Appreciate everyone's help so far.

There's always promo on cebupacific website hk-cebu route(hkd180 one way). Why bother using an agent?

Thanks but someone said it was difficult using the website. Right now it is $588HK each way so I`m waiting for a deal. :crafty: Only thing I don`t like is that if I want me to have luggage; my hubby has to too. And then we both have the $22CDN dive bag. We really only want to take one suitcase with clothes (and our regs to keep the dive bag weight down to less than 15KG); not pay $65 CDN for a second one. Why does the 2nd passenger have to match the first

It`s still over 5 months away so I am waiting for that great deal and then I won`t care as much.

I used Cebu Pacific to go to Thailand in May. I booked through the internet and it appeared to go very smoothly, but 30 minutes after I made my reservations(I was at dinner by then), I received a call from Cebu Pacific and spent around 20 minutes on the phone finalizing the flight and CC info.

I was pleased with the transportation but it was a little more hassle than I have been used to. It could have been because I am using a US CC from the PHilippines, I am not sure. Why not give it a try and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. Just dont forget to purchase the right amount of baggage allowance and the sports package if appropriate(do it during your initial transaction)... HTH

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks but someone said it was difficult using the website. Right now it is $588HK each way so I`m waiting for a deal. :crafty: Only thing I don`t like is that if I want me to have luggage; my hubby has to too. And then we both have the $22CDN dive bag. We really only want to take one suitcase with clothes (and our regs to keep the dive bag weight down to less than 15KG); not pay $65 CDN for a second one. Why does the 2nd passenger have to match the first

It`s still over 5 months away so I am waiting for that great deal and then I won`t care as much.

You can book one pesron with 20kg luggage and another one with no luggage separately. The Cebupacific makes Philipines a 3-day weekend dive destinations for HK and Chinese divers thanks to their low fares. I haven's had any problem with their website. It's as good as any other airline website.

Thanks OuterReefAdventure. I will be using a Canadian VISA so I know I will have to pay the 2% foreign transaction fee. :(

lilyl how did you get to have different luggage? Are you saying you booked two separate tickets? When I put in 15KG for me it automatically did that for him too. I didn't see a way to change it. And we only need one suitcase for the 5 day trip.

We will be travelling Mon-Fri to avoid the crowds and going 2 weeks before Chinese New Years so we're hoping it will be quiet.

Yes I will book the two dive bags. That part let me pick one or two. Weird.

Thanks again for your help. I'll keep watching for a deal and then book online. I'm alreay signed up as a Cebu Pacific member. Centrals suggested that so I could get e-mails about specials but I have never recieved one. :confused:

Book one ticket for yourself, choose the luggage allowance(15-35kg), and pay for it.
Then book another ticket for your husband without luggage.
a little troublesome but worth it.
Before Apr. 1, the 15kg allowance only cost HK$10, so I didn't care. Now it's different.
Check their website as often as you can to get the deal info, also add cebupacific on facebook.

Thanks OuterReefAdventure. I will be using a Canadian VISA so I know I will have to pay the 2% foreign transaction fee. :(

lilyl how did you get to have different luggage? Are you saying you booked two separate tickets? When I put in 15KG for me it automatically did that for him too. I didn't see a way to change it. And we only need one suitcase for the 5 day trip.

We will be travelling Mon-Fri to avoid the crowds and going 2 weeks before Chinese New Years so we're hoping it will be quiet.

Yes I will book the two dive bags. That part let me pick one or two. Weird.

Thanks again for your help. I'll keep watching for a deal and then book online. I'm alreay signed up as a Cebu Pacific member. Centrals suggested that so I could get e-mails about specials but I have never recieved one. :confused:

Check 5J web page regularly.
I do it everyday, what the hack? Big saving.
Never rely on their notices about promotion. It is always late.
BTW, huge time difference(12+) between Toronto and Philippines. When you check the mail in the morning you are already half a day behind us in Asia.

another possibility is to check Airphil Express - Philippines leading promo airline to Manila they also offer hkg cebu flights... all days except friday if im not mistaken... plus personally... the service and the layout of airphilexpress is alot better and most times cheaper than 5j.... i just checked flights for 6 mos from now and they were like 2500php per way...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom