how much would you be willing to pay for van transfer manila-anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlsantos

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
hi guys,

for all you guys anilao divers out there... how much would you be willing to pay for a schoolbus type round trip transfer to and from anilao?... i was thinking 1000-1300php given that the vehicle is a brand new hi ace... it fits 10 but lets just put the cap at 7 divers plus gear... pick up from ortigas-makati-fort area... direct to your resort on friday night or early saturday morning... and then back to manila again on sunday evening.

im planning to start offering this service but i need to know if it will be profitable.

Let me know. we can start asap if theres a need for it...

You can hire a van (6-10) pax for about 4000, which works out much more economical for organized groups.

A taxi is about 3000 (>4 pax), again - more economical for organized groups.

Would your proposed service operate (at the stated price) even if there was only 1-2 divers? If so, it'd be a great service and I'd probably use it whenever I go to Anilao (because I don't often go with organized groups).

Would you fit 7 divers + luggage/diving kit? (i.e. typical tourist with hand luggage of 7kg and suitcase/dive bag of 30kg)

Would you only be offering the weekend transfer?

Any chance of a 1 day transfer (leave Manila early am, return late pm), even if only sat & sun... for divers doing daytrips?

hi devon,

Ive taken all your concerns into consideration already when i thought this up. just a few things, a van is 4000 per way if im not mistaken... which means for a round trip it would be 8000 at least. taxi again 3000 per way as well so thats 6000 if you opt for that plus i dont think a taxi would have enough room for full gear for 4 divers. the prices ive stated above im thinking are for round trip transfers.

At the moment the service cannot operate for one to two divers at the cost i stated above... by my rough cost analysis 4 divers is almost just the break even point with a little income included. but im hoping to be able to get enough people interested that on any given weekend even if you are alone there will 3 or four other people using the service that you wont have to worry about that. for now im thinking 2000pesos per person will be the price for 2-3 pax.

About fitting 7pax + gear yes my vehicle can fit 7pax and quite comfortably. the hi-ace is built as a people carrier if you cram people inside you can fit 12pax with minimal to no room for luggage at all. the last row of seatswill be condemned to provide for luggage space. gearbags and overnight bags for 7pax will be able to fit, even throw in a couple of slr camera cases, just as long as its not a full group of photographers.

I would do weekdays as well if there was a demand for it and for special arrangements.

Most likely 1 day transfers will be available specially for the weekends.

For now its just an idea, and im trying to see just how much interest there will be in it. but in any case if you do need a transfer to anilao feel free to let me know as i am in anilao most weekends and i could use the extra income and just charge you the same rate and take you there.

the prices ive stated above im thinking are for round trip transfers.

Ah...very good. That's very economical. :)

I certainly think you'd get some interest in this. The big barrier might be that most Manila-based diving groups tend to car-share to get to the resorts. The ones who need the transport are tourists; but they rarely come in groups of 4+

Keep me informed though... I can try and run some specific weekend trips there, to see what the interest levels are.

Would that price include going to any resort in the anialo area? They are pretty spread out from San Jose all the way to San Teodoro, or even the new place in Mainit.
How about a drop off at Mabini town center, or even the Batangas ferry dock.
Would a pick up at the airport be feasible?
Our problem is getting from the airport to either Mabini or the Batangas ferry pier.
Just asking.

Hi guys,

pao for manila pick ups it depends on how big your group is in relation to everyone else in the van as a manila(im thinking deep manila like tondo) pick up will be out of the way given that the first pick up point will be in ortigas-makati-fort then on to anilao. It will cause the other divers alot more waiting time in the van, and for friday night transfers it might be a long time due to traffic. If your group is the biggest in the van or the only ones in the van then i don't see why not.

Blue steal yes the price is from one of the pick up points all the way to any resort in anilao that last resort in mainit sea springs looks to be our next base of operations in anilao so thats included. Now airport pick ups can be done on special arrangement at any time, specially since it looks like you're travelling with a group, from there we can drop you to the resort of your choosing in anilao or the batangas city pier.

For extremely large groups we might also offer a 45 seater bus for your transfers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom