ANILAO SCU-BUS now in operation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlsantos

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey guys after a month of pondering on it im announcing that the anilao SCU-BUS is now in operation experimentally.

We will do weekend transfers friday night and saturday morning to anilao and sunday afternoon and evening back to manila.

The round trip Prices are as follows.

1 passenger 6500php
2-3 passengers 1600php
4 or more passengers 1400php

a maximum of 7 and maybe 8 divers per trip if everybody agrees.

now there are 2 captains chairs in the van so those are on a first come first served basis during reservation.

for reservations please email me at marco@divecentralasia.com or call or text me at 09178944878

The schedule is interesting. But meaningless to those who decide to travel other than weekend!!
Perhaps one day you might be able to offer daily transfer like that offers by Si-Kat.

Good luck.

The round trip Prices are as follows.

1 passenger 6500php
2-3 passengers 1600php
4 or more passengers 1400php

a maximum of 7 and maybe 8 divers per trip if everybody agrees.
So if I'm traveling alone I should recruit a stranger to go, pay his 1600PHP and save 3300PHP?

I read your explanation in the other thread and I have to admit, I don't understand the mathematics or economics of it, two things I am reasonably well versed in. Nevertheless, I wish you good luck.

The schedule is interesting. But meaningless to those who decide to travel other than weekend!!
Perhaps one day you might be able to offer daily transfer like that offers by Si-Kat.

Good luck.

the fact of the matter is that anilao caters 90% or so to a local/ manila crowd... that means that there is not much money to be made on weekdays - unlike PG

i've been to anilao on weekdays and it's as quiet as a cemetery in april... i totally understand why the OP would not be hot to run a van without a regular passenger base

Jag

the fact of the matter is that anilao caters 90% or so to a local/ manila crowd... that means that there is not much money to be made on weekdays - unlike PG

i've been to anilao on weekdays and it's as quiet as a cemetery in april... i totally understand why the OP would not be hot to run a van without a regular passenger base

Jag

Am I the only one to see the 'cause versus effect' relationship in that? :rofl3:

No transport to Anilao weekdays = no customers in Anilao weekdays.

Transport to PG every day = customers in PG every day.

It doesn't take an MBA to see that correlation... :wink:

...or to see how that situation would change, if cheap and convenient transport were provided to Anilao weekdays.

The service is sadly little use to me, as it stands. I assist tourists, not the local diving crowd. I don't often get enquiries from tourists who happen to need transport only at the weekends. In contrast, I get a large number of enquiries from those who want transport whenever it coincides with their entry/exit from the country. When they learn that it is not available, they go to PG, Subic or even further afield instead.

Should the service ever expand into a reliable and regular arrangement, then I would be very interested. Please keep us informed.

Back
Top Bottom