What's up with the Expedition Fleet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at dive boats for sale in YachtWorld and discovered that the Expediton Fleet Boats (Big Blue Explorer, Eco Explorer, and Stella Maris Explorer) are up for sale.

Anyone have any news about the Expedition Fleet? Are they down sizing? Or, planning to upgrade their fleet? Just curious. When I dove with them last year, I heard that the owner is looking for someone to buy him out. Can someone confirm this?

I was looking at dive boats for sale in YachtWorld and discovered that the Expediton Fleet Boats (Big Blue Explorer, Eco Explorer, and Stella Maris Explorer) are up for sale.

Anyone have any news about the Expedition Fleet? Are they down sizing? Or, planning to upgrade their fleet? Just curious. When I dove with them last year, I heard that the owner is looking for someone to buy him out. Can someone confirm this?

Yes peices of the operation have been up for sale for a couple of years.. They are also having a pretty good sale on other items at their stores(SCUBA World).....

Cheers,
ROger

I think it's probably one of those situations where everything is always for sale...if someone offers him the right amount of money. I believe its always been a business for him rather than a passion like it is for some of us! :D

considering that the entire fleet is in need of major refurbishment and repairs, the most logical thing to do is sell part of the fleet so that the proceeds can be used to finance the cost of upgrading the remaining ships. Also, from what i gather, the company is downsizing its operations as its anilao outrigger resort has closed shop since its lease contract is about to expire already. Maybe, they are finally streamlining their organization to make it a lean and mean company

Dove from the Stella Maris in March 2008. That boat was dates and in bad shape then. Plenty of mildew and some of our group became ill from.

Good Ridance

considering that the entire fleet is in need of major refurbishment and repairs, the most logical thing to do is sell part of the fleet so that the proceeds can be used to finance the cost of upgrading the remaining ships. Also, from what i gather, the company is downsizing its operations as its anilao outrigger resort has closed shop since its lease contract is about to expire already. Maybe, they are finally streamlining their organization to make it a lean and mean company

Upgrading, streamlining and lean and mean are not words generally associated with SW....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom