Flights around the Phillipine islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Does anyone have a list of cheap local flight Ops that will get you around the Phillipine islands? I've looked at a couple and they seem somewhat expensive and tend to be larger companies. I have seen costs of $500 usd for return flights Manila to Cebu, is this average?

Cheers,

Haven't flown with them, but Philippine Airlines has MNL-CEB flights for about $85 USD (5478 PHP) round trip, with 20kg luggage allowance (even cheaper if you can get by with 15kg).

This is from plugging in November/December dates, and using XE.com for currency conversion (looking in to possibly visiting then).

Check out Zest Air, Air Philippines and Cebu Pacific the latter of which probably has the most flights.

Keep in mind that you cannot always go from one island to another without first goingback to Manila or Cebu..

Taking fast crafts is much less expensive.

Used Cebu Air to Caticaln from Manila last year, and I seem to remember it being in the 60 - 80 range. I can't see spending 500 on a local airline.

I have seen costs of $500 usd for return flights Manila to Cebu, is this average?

Cheers,
Even PAL only charges about P14,000.00(US$330.00) for its Mabuhay Class(business) return from Manila to Cebu during the peak season of Christmas(2011).

Thanks for the replies

Gilligan,

What fast crafts were you talking about? Right now my plan is to fly into Cebu, dive Malapascua, then head to Donsol. I'm looking for the best way to Donsol. Also would you recommend any other diving close by to Cebu?

Hi Terry,

We've sent people direct from Malapascua to Donsol once, by private outrigger boat. It took about 8hrs from their feedback and was around P15,000. They did as much for the experience as anything else I think.

Quickest route would be flight from Cebu to Legaspi and then overland to Donsol. Flight should be in the P2000 range($50), but prices vary dramatically based on time of year.

Good luck!

Matt.

Thanks Matt,

How safe is a trip like that in a private outrigger? Definitely sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom