LF: 1st stage handle tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! I'm looking for a tool to attach a a 1st stage regulator to a bench vise using either the 7/16" HP port or the 3/8" LP port (see image). I prefer that it be made of brass as I am afraid that a steel tool can mar the O-ring groove or damage the thread. Alternately could you point to a machine shop that could make the tool for me.

1st stage handle.jpg

Thanks in advance,

I can make you one if you like.
Doc Ed of SB is in your neightborhood if you would like a reference.

Thanks for the offer Herman but I prefer to source it locally. I forgot about Doc Ed. Maybe he can point me in the right direction.

No problem, if you can't find what you need, shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

An expended CO2 cartridge can work wonders.

PAO,
I used a guy in CC to make me a specialty tool and it came out exact to specifications. It was a brass tool that I use as a oil/water seperator. I believe that any reputable machine shop can make you one. I would recommend that whatever you make have the portion which fits in the vise have as much surface area posible so that it will be less likely to accidently turn in the vise.

Are you repairing rental or personal regs?

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks Matt,

yes, we stock these as generic and branded.

Thanks for the replies guys!
@ Roger - personal. I just got a a HOG D1 and intend to use it as a pony/deco (if I ever go technical).
@ Pacifica - PM sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom