Planning to go to Dauin Mikes Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajo007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers. I'm planning to go to Dauin/Dumaguete early next year and I'm thinking of staying at Mikes Beach Resort, have any of you any expirience with this dive resort or any recommandations for this area.
Thanks in advance.

I have dived with mikes resort 3 times there a good operation and the prices are reasonable compared with other dive shops in dauin .During high season lots of dives to choose from around dauin sanctuaries and day trips to apo island . The resort is only 2 years old so is in good condition .Mike the owner is a good guy .

Yes, I dived there last May and am planning another visit before the end of the year. Newer resort, not very many rooms 12 I think that are right across from the shop and restaurant - so not like secluded bungalos or anything.

Thanks Guys, sounds great, I will book with Mike straight away.

Sounds like a plan. I dived the area (Dauin/Dumaguete and Apo Island) last July and was really impressed with the variety and quality of the diving. I had not expected as much in the way of fish and turtles (easily as good as Sipadan IMHO) and the muck diving is to die for...in that there is an interesting mix of patches of grey sand 'muck diving' (great macro) with healthy coral bommies just thriving with fish life and colour. Frog fish on most dives - ornate and Robust Ghost pipefishes, etc. etc. I stayed at Atmopshere Resort (this is one of the best...actually really...simply the best) dive resorts I have been to. I have a gallery of underwater images at https://picasaweb.google.com/104209...ereSportdiving?authkey=Gv1sRgCNjH646xtaOfzgE# and a gallery of resort photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/104209...reResortPhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCN6sw-DnqsPg-gE#

Dove with Mike years ago, when he was still freelance.
Good guide and a nice guy. Knows how to take care of his divers.

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom