Where to start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I am newbie to this forum, nice to meet you! We (me and partner)are planning our next dive trip, would like to seek advise as to were to go in the Philippine for some wonderful diving? :)

We are looking for a dive experience with friendly people, safety is our main concern.

My partner would be happier with 3 star accommadations and air con, I not fussy myself. Also not fuzzy as to what kind of marine life, tho would love to see whaleshark (would like to know what is the best time to visit) and manta rays.

We have heard (over the years) other diver's off the beaten track experience in the Philippines, we looking for spend 2-3 week, happy to move around to check out different locations. Also looking for non-diving activities like day tours, sightseeing, wine and dine, party it up at night.

Hi Misty,
I would really recomend that you spend some time searching the board. Most operators are safe and a high percentage always have O2 and a First Aid Kit on the Boat. I am always happy to offer specific recommendations via email or PM. 2 to 3 weeks is a great length of time to see 2 or 3 locations at a pretty leisurely pace.

Cheers,
Roger

Fly into Cebu City and you have the options of: Bohol, Dumaguette, Malapascua, Moalboal, Siquijor, Southern Leyte just to name a few. They should be enough to keep you occupy for several weeks if not months.

Sea-Explorers routinely run dive safari to cover several locations in one trip. Could be interesting.

Whaleshark can also be found in Sogod Bay(Southern Leyte) in winter(Oct to Apr). They were already been spotted few weeks ago.

There is one Super Cat ferry route connecting Cebu City to Bohol, Dumaguette and Siquijor and vice versa.

Party it at night!!!!! That would be difficult except probably in Puerto Galera.

Malapascua would be a good choice. I was amazed at the amount of development that had taken place when I was there earlier this year from when I was there in 07. If I had 3 weeks, I'd try for Malapascua, Moalboal and Bohol. You can hire a driver to take you to Malapascua or Moalboal for 2500-3000 pesos. Bohol is easy and quick on the fast ferry.

If you are coming to the Philippines to dive I would put Verde Island on your list of dive sites to visit. It's one of the dive sites in Puerto Galera. Puerto Galera is worth a visit, lots of great diving. I'm living there now myself if you need further assistance with anything let me know. Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom