Malapascua to Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dub_01

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

I'm heading across to the Philippines next week and am planning to spend about 5 days in Malapascua over Christmas, followed by a few days in Boracay over New Years. I've given myself 2 days to travel between Malapascua and Boracay overland, mainly because I don't want to lose diving time whilst waiting for flights and would like to get to see a bit more of the Philippines than just 2 small islands! Do you think that 2 (long!) days travel is enough, as I can cut Malapascua short by a day or 2 maybe if needed? Also does anybody know of any good places worth visiting/hostels/guest houses along the way? I've tried looking online and can't find anything, ideally I'm looking for something backpacker-cheap, ideally by the beach or at least outside of a city but I'm not very fussy to be honest. More diving along the way would be a benefit as well of course!

Anyhow, thanks in advance!!

If you want to do it via land and ferry two days is just about right, and considering that many many many people travel that time of year I dont think you will have much time to stop and dive along the way. Sorry I dont know any Back Packer Cheap places along the way once you are outside of Dumaguette, and you probablly dont want to stop there for the evening, because you would be stopping too early on your trip....

Cheers,
Roger

You can do it in one day by leaving malapascua early in the morning like 7am and having a flight from cebu about 4pm. So the day before can be a 3 dives with the first dive in monad shoal with the tresher sharks (that's an early dive). Probably better than 2 days between cebu and boracay:)

agree can be one day however its unlikly you will be able to get a flight from cebu to bora as this is peak travel time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom