Puerto Galera Beer Availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbait98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am landing in Manila and van transfering to a ferry, then from the ferry to my room in Small LaLaguna beach. My question is this, can I purchase beer at a grocery store (or whatever) there? I have a fridge in my room and I want to stock it right up full..Also, what kind of pricing am I looking at?

Should I get the van to stop on the mainland to purchase beer before I get on the ferry? I am talking volume here as I have a large drinking group going on vacation :eek:)

I look forward to your response.

Sharkbait

Sabang Beach is a MAJOR party destination. Beer freely available. Drop by the "50 Bar" at Atlantis, order a drink from TonTon the bartender and say "Oren sent me."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why drink beer in the PI?
Drink rum it's cheaper.

hehe, like 30p in the grocery store for a SM.. rum even cheaper.. but that will f*&k you up big time

You will be able to buy SMB and SML by the crate in small laguna in one of the stores. Prob around 30p per bottle, plus a deposit for the bottles and the crate.

at the sabang pier there are several convenience stores where you can buy beers. Suggest that you buy them in cans as they are more convenient and easier (lighter)to carry and you won't have to be concerned about having to pay for bottle deposits

but it does taste better in the bottle...

Hey just saw the post, beer. Well there is no shortage of beer in Sabang/Small LaLaguna/Big LaLaguna.
since you are staying in small LaLaguna, there are a few small grocery stores that will carry it. I prefer san Mig regular, no light or Red Horse for me. You could buy it by the crate 24 bottles, probably run about 22 pesos per bottles that way. I like the Grande bottles, I believe they are 1 liter, nice to share on the balcony. The point bar will have it, but I like the Full Moon Bar on the beach down by Action divers & Searider. Great place and, get this, happy hour from 5-10pm, where a cold San Mig is 30 pesos, plus good music and decent eats, fun bartenders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom