Going to Puerto Princesa, Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orangehead_101

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

I am going to Puerto Princesa on a Business trip at the same time pleasure on the side. Are there any good dive sites in Puerto Princesa, near the city proper? I am just a newbie in diving. Can you give me any suggestion if any?
Thank you.

I hadn't started diving at the time I visited, but as I recall the most popular diving in Palawan is off Coron, far in the northeast and harder to access from PP.

A quick search shows there are a few operations in the PP area, focusing on Puerto Princesa and Honda Bay.

islanddivers - their flash site is obnoxious and doesn't indicate pricing but tells you where the PP Bay sites are located, which are probably the closest to the city.

Moana Hotel Palawan - I'll just shut up about the design now. They show pricing for trips and rentals, but only give cursory information about the various dive sites in Palawan; they'll probably be going to the same places as the link above.

If you have more time and are a bit more serious about getting out there, damn the costs, there are liveaboards to Tubbataha reef, 90 miles off PP.
http://www.queenannedivers.com.ph/
TUBBATAHA Moonshadow liveaboards

At any rate, have a great trip and if you're looking for an interesting dining experience I recommend Ima's Vegetarian restaurant: Ima's Gulay Bar :: Vegetarian Food :: Puerto Princesa :: Palawan :: Philippines

And stay away from any restaurant that claims to serve "Japanese food"

I was in PP last week. You might wanna try dos palmas and some of the shops operating around honda bay.

As for restos, dont leave puerto without trying kinabutch, ka louie's and skybox.
And you also have to try tamilok, its a local delicacy

Dear Mr. Knifebox,

Do you have any contact person in dos palmas or around honda bay?

Thank you.

Dear Mr. Knifebox,

Do you have any contact person in dos palmas or around honda bay?

Thank you.

In May of 2010 I did a couple of local dives with the Moana Hotel dive shop. Their divemaster was competent and professional. Marine life and visibility were not the best in the Philippines, but a newbie diver would certainly enjoy the diving.

Norman Songco(Island Divers) is the most knowledegeable person on the area.
The dive sites around PP are very ordinary.
The best is in Tubattaha from mid Mar to early June for liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom