Help diving around San Jose Mindoro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be in San Jose for 4 or 5 days this coming April. I would like to dive the Apo reef but depending on if I can share a boat the cost maybe too high. There are three islands just off San Jose, Ambulong, White Island and Ilin. We are going to spend some time island hopping and diving would be great. I read that Ambulong and or Ilin may have a dive shop. Does anyone have any information about diving in this area?
thanks
Ken

Hopefully a bump will get some more to read and hopefully a response.

I took the following from Wikipedia, surely it must be correct.

"Ilin Island has a village of shell divers, being abundant in shells and coral reefs. There are ancient burial caves of early Chinese traders, ethnic fishing villages, and numerous dive sites from which to view many tropical fishes. Lush foliage encircle the clear blue waters of the South China Sea. There are scuba diving facilities, a 6.8 CTM compressor, seaport facilities, diveboats, and PADI and NAUI-certified instructors."

Maybe they have moved on due to lack of divers/tourists

Ken

Back
Top Bottom