Return after 34 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rromero2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I want to thank everyone that have posted information concerning Diving in P.I. I have been away or over 34 years and now decided to check things out before retiring. It looks like there are plenty of dive destination. I will be staying in Luzon and have decided to do my initial dive in Puerto Galera. Initial means first time diving here, been wet since 1985.

Looking at diving last week of Feb and based on recommendation here I will try my luck with Mark @ sea rider. I will do three days to start. If anyone is planning on diving the same time, let me know, maybe we can have a beer or two after the day's dive.

Looking forward to getting wet and seeing some wonderful life under water. Cheers. :cool2:

Are you taking a scuba refresher before going?

I have been diving in Mexico - Cozumel/Hawaii - for the last 8 years, at least two trips a year. Maybe a check dive before going deep.

oh, sorry I misunderstood :)

I thought your original post was that you were returning to diving after 34 years, not merely returning to P.I.

oh, sorry I misunderstood :)

I thought your original post was that you were returning to diving after 34 years, not merely returning to P.I.

Just returning to my roots as they say.

I think you are going to find that the PI has changed quite a bit in the time you have been gone, a whole new generation has come along.
Enjoy your trip, it will be quite easy to find people to dive with, and I always find it easy to make friends at the bar, especially in small la laguna at full moon.
Don't forget to sign up for a Verde Island trip, this is a must do. Cost a bit more, but you can split the costs if you get 4 divers to go. I've done it with 2 divers and it was still worth the cost.

Thanks for the tip ...Again... Blue Steal. I will try and go to Verde Island at your recommendation. BTW, we are planning a Cozumel trip in August too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom