Advice on where to go for a week, Need some nightlife and beach activities + diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm wavering back and forth. I have a trip planned to the phil in late April into June for almost 4 weeks. I start out in the San Jose, Mindoro area visiting friends and will catch a day dive out to Apo reef. After that I'm off to Anilao for 10 days, I'm with a group and we will do 36 dives. My delima is where do I go after. My girl friend will meet me in Manila and off we go somewhere. She is a new OW diver, only a half a dozen dives under her belt. She is still nervous so I don't want to start taking her out for 3 dives a day, everyday. I'm not sure I will be up for that myself after doing 40 dives over 10 dive days. Maybe just 6 or 10 leisurely dives over 7 days. With that in mind nightlife and other day activities will be important to us. She got her OW in Alona Beach. I wouldn't mind taking her back, but the beach isn't for walking or swimming and night life is so so. Last year we spent sometime at El Nido, I don't think I want to go back that soon. We have been to PG, great for diving but the beach isn't for swimming and the night life is a little too wild for a filipina. Mactan would be ok but we were there last year, too soon to repeat. Boracay is always an option. I know this group here isn't crazy about Boracay. We were there a year ago, we stayed up north by Diniwid so it was quiet at night. I thought the beaches were nice, clean and not too crowded (before the Xmas crowd). So far its a toss up between Alona/Dumaguette or Boracay wth a slight edge to the latter.

Where else am I missing?

Last edited:
Boracay probably fit the bill.
Subic Bay is another alternative. A lot of top side attractions if you want to get away from the beach and the sea.

Boracay probably fit the bill.
Subic Bay is another alternative. A lot of top side attractions if you want to get away from the beach and the sea.

Im coming to that realization, i will do some research on Subic too.

Centrals,

Could you give us a brief highlight of the topside activities? I also like adventures activities to break up a dive vacation...like say Action Adventure in Moalboal.

Horse back riding, Jungle survival Training, Ocean Adventure Park, Tree Top Adv, Various water sports besides scuba diving, Zoobic Safari etc etc.
If you want to try micro-lite then Clark is not too far away. A flight over the volcano(Mt. Pinatubo) is very interesting. Trekking is also available but please choose dry season.
Have fun.

10 days in anailo. There is no night life going on there. During the week it is very quite.
also, the beach is not idea for swimming, many rocks. Most resorts do not have shore diving.
Planet dive has a nice house reef called twin rocks.
The diving is by banka and ususally 2-tank morning dive. It is great place to dive as there are quite a few sites.
Enjoy.

10 days in anailo. There is no night life going on there. During the week it is very quite.
also, the beach is not idea for swimming, many rocks. Most resorts do not have shore diving.
Planet dive has a nice house reef called twin rocks.
The diving is by banka and ususally 2-tank morning dive. It is great place to dive as there are quite a few sites.
Enjoy.

I know Anilao is for diving not night life. I'm going there with a group for photography. I wondering where to go after Anilao. I will meet up with my girl friend who is relatively new to diving.

You could fly into Busuanga and go to Coron, nice mix of diving, WWII shipwrecks, snorkeling, hot springs, island hopping day trips, etc. On the North side of Busuanga is Club Paradise, very nice resort, very romantic. Also possible to do day trip to Apo Reef from there.

With your priorities, I think you would be best served going back to Alona, There are plenty of top-side activities for you to do in Bohol, and some very easy diving along the reefs. Check out Danao Adventure Park www.eatdanao.com/ I had a blast there last year.

Unfortunately many of the destinations are not big on both diving and night life.

Cheers,
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom