Which resortin Dauin can organize a 2 dives trip instead of 3 dives to Apo Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philmg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, we would like to stay in Dauin and dive at Apo Island. Problem is that we will have a babysitter for our baby and do not want to leave or for longer than 3/4 hours. Therefore full day trips are not possible. So, if Apo can only be done as full day trips, then it's for us no use of going to Dauin and we rather go somewhere else.

Would be great, if anybody could share their experience.

Regards
Phil

To be honest with a 45-60 min boat journey each way to Apo, 2 45-60 mins dive, and a short SI you will be struggling unless you have your own boat (I mean with no other guests but yourselves).

Glenn is a good guy. I see him quite regularly. We (Liquid Dumaguete) also do 2 dive trips to Apo, Sumilon and occasionally Siquijor. I think most of the shops in the area should be able to accommodate though, just not sure that its possible in your time frame.

Drop me a line if you need any more info and I'll try and help you out.

ATB

If the banka is spacious and with good sheltered area, bring the baby on board!!!!

If the banka is spacious and with good sheltered area, bring the baby on board!!!!
Yes, I dived at Mike's Dauin Scuba Resort and a German couple took turns with thier baby and diving. If you have a baby sitter and there is enough room on the boat bring her along as well. After the first dive the German mother took the baby on shore for a surface interval and her husband's dive then we picked her and the baby up.

Yes, I dived at Mike's Dauin Scuba Resort and a German couple took turns with thier baby and diving. If you have a baby sitter and there is enough room on the boat bring her along as well. After the first dive the German mother took the baby on shore for a surface interval and her husband's dive then we picked her and the baby up.

Thanks guys! Actually most likely we will be staying at Mike's and had considered Liquid as well, but we actually prefer Aircon...
Have never seen or heard about bringing your baby on the boat, but hey actually great idea. We could take the babysitter with us. I had always thought it would be a kind no-go for the boatman or the shop to take a baby on board. But honestly I would feel much better taking her with me than leaving her back in the resort. Plus I think it would be exciting for her as well. Sunprotection is a watch out though.

Mike is a good guy. He'll make sure you are well looked after. Have a great trip and don't be shy to pop in for a drink sometime! Enjoy the diving Phil, hope you and the family have a great time here :)

........Plus I think it would be exciting for her as well. Sunprotection is a watch out though.
A baby life jacket would also be very useful.

yes, that's definitely a good hint. will look into that. thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom