Coron in July & August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

currier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
PI divers or those who have been to Coron in the summer -

How are the conditions ?
Don't care for sun per se, I understand that the season can be a bit cloudy or rainy ...

But winds waves viz. ripping currents? on the wrecks?

Would you recommend or flat out discourage travel in the summer?

Thanks!

I come to Philippines through out the year for diving and the weather is never an issue to worry.
But if you are flying out from Coron then I would suggest you SHOULD give yourself a day or two to make the International connection. Typhoon is always possible at that time of the year.
I have done several trips to Coron but always in Apr and May. No idea what it is like in other time. But I would imagine the conditions should not be too bad otherwise the IJN wouldn't had used Coron as a Naval base in WWII.

Contact either Gunther(Discovery Divers) or Andy(Sanget island) for advice. They SHOULD KNOW.

Thanks, C

Your transfer advice is sound ... I'll surely take this into consideration when/if booking. I was fortunate last summer coming up and out from Bohol to not get hit by a storm ... there was some activity only a few days before my arrival in Manilla, then just a few days after my departure if I recall correctly.

Seasonal weather is what will keep me from diving the north at that time of year. I have heard the sweet syren call of Subic wrecks, yet must delay for some time, I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom