Sogod Bay, Apo Island, Alona Beach, Moalboal and transportation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a 2 week trip in August 2012. I have been to Alona Beach and Moalboal before. I am wanting to go to Sogod Bay or Apo Island I think? What is the best way to get between these locations from Manila? Ferry or ship service?

What 3 locations should I pick? Are these 3 locations and travel do-able on 2 weeks? Where I would not be rushed?

Fly from Manila to Cebu.
Ferry to Tabilaren for Alona Beach.
Ferry from Tabilaren to Dumaguete for Apo Island.
Apo Island to Dumaguete and then to Moalboal through Bato.
Not much back-tracking. Do-able in 3 weeks.
As for Sogod Bay; ferry from Cebu to Ormoc and then land transfer. You can also fly to Tacloban and then 4-5 hrs by road. There is night ferry from Cebu to Maasin and Hilongo which are much closer to Sogod Bay than Ormoc.

Fly from Manila to Cebu.
Ferry to Tabilaren for Alona Beach.
Ferry from Tabilaren to Dumaguete for Apo Island.
Apo Island to Dumaguete and then to Moalboal through Bato.
Not much back-tracking. Do-able in 3 weeks.
As for Sogod Bay; ferry from Cebu to Ormoc and then land transfer. You can also fly to Tacloban and then 4-5 hrs by road. There is night ferry from Cebu to Maasin and Hilongo which are much closer to Sogod Bay than Ormoc.

Hey Centrals, why fly into Cebu and ferry to Alona. He can fly from Manila to Tabilaren

Hey Centrals, why fly into Cebu and ferry to Alona. He can fly from Manila to Tabilaren
The flight from Manila to Cebu is more frequent.

BTW, there is a ferry from Northern Bohol to Leyte(Massin/Helongo?).
So the OP can fly to Tabilaren, stay on Alona Beach, then travel to Sodgod Bay and fly out from Tabilaren to Manila. A lot of back tracking though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom