Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Airport Taxi rate from Manila to Batangas?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49

Airport Taxi rate from Manila to Batangas?

I heard there are fixed rate taxi from NAIA to Batangas for 2000PHP? Can someone confirm the price?

Do I need to pay the return toll fee for the taxi? Thanks!

Also, what is the reasonable rate for a ordinary taxi to go to Batangas Pier or Anilao?

Pao
    Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Going rate is 3.5 to 4k PHP one way for ordinary taxis. The airport taxis are considerably more expensive. If you are not from the Philippines I think it would be much more convenient (and safer) to have the resort arrange your transfers.
    Richard Sagpao
    pao11ph@yahoo.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    A private van from NAIA to Batangas Pier is about P3,500.00. So a metered taxi(white) should be a lot less BUT you have to convince the driver to switch the meter on!!!!! Please agree who is paying the toll beforehand! BTW, if the driver agree to switch on the meter, keep an good eye on it all the way!!

This is what I will do myself:
    1. If I have time, I will take the bus.
    2. If I have someone to share, we will the private transfer.
    3. If I/we am/are feeling adventurous, I/we will take taxi.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Thanks for the replys

As I understand there're two types of taxis at NAIA, metered taxi and coupon taxi. I was asking about the price for coupon taxi. I think there are a list of set prices for different destinations around Manila.

I have taken a taxi from Cebu to Maya for 2200PHP, did a little bargain from 3500PHP. Everything went on well except that the driver drove to Hagnaya and was not sure which way to go. Luckily I was looking at the map all the way so I guide him to Maya. Nice driver and taxi in good condition, no complaint.

Manila Taxi might be more dangerous, so I am just thinking of the option of taking airport taxi.

Registered

Diving and Rexlaxing

Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera. Philippines.
    Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    taking taxi..tell to the driver to switch on the Meter.....
    taking private van? price is 3000 pesos to 3500....you should get clean and comfortable van.
    South Sea Divers - Puerto Galera Diving experts since 1983.