PADI Instructor license renewal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russ_UK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone in here tell me what the fee is to renew a PADI license as an Instructor is in the Philippines please & have you got any links if possible ?

I am asking because an instructor I know has told me that his renewal fees are $452 so he can continue to teach PADI courses. This seems very expensive to me, but is it true ??

It's a standard instructor renewal, via PADI Asia/Pacific. I can't remember the exact price, but it's nowhere near $450.

I let my status lapse the other year (spend some time in Afghanistan), and had to complete an online update via PADI pro website - no extra charge for that.

your friend did not renew on time and must pay the highest rate and he is including his EFR INSTRUCTOR FEE in that figure.

Cheers,
Roger

the price is in the current price list which i cant post.

Last edited:
It's yearly right? How much do I need to pay padi for issuessing a certificate for someone, If i was the instructor?
Thinking of becoming a instructor.

You pay an annual membership for your instructor status. You do need to apply for the customers' certification via a Positive Identification Card (PIC), either paper envelope or electronic. Those are normally included with the manuals you sell to your students. If not (for instance with distinctive specialty courses), then you buy them separately. Either way, that cost normally gets passed onto the student directly, as part of their course fee.

Annual memebership at max 450$, How much would Open water certification cost for a instructor, I'm just trying to figure out these prices because I'm thinking of become an instructor maybe in the future, so just wondering if it's worth it or not.

Thanks Devon.

Annual memebership at max 450$, How much would Open water certification cost for a instructor, I'm just trying to figure out these prices because I'm thinking of become an instructor maybe in the future, so just wondering if it's worth it or not.

Thanks Devon.

It all will depend how much you charge for your classes...and that will depend on when and where you teach, overhead costs etc, and how good you are at teaching and marketing :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:02 PM ----------

There's a saying in the dive industry that if you want to retire with a million bucks, then start with 2 million.

But it is still oh-so worth it!!

aside from the yearly renewal fee. perhaps you may look into the necessities of "becoming" and instructor. time and cost.

Regards,

Paolo

Back
Top Bottom