After Atmosphere Resort, Dumaguete....where to next??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
After some advice from those in the know! We're going back to superb Atmosphere resort this july for some more unforgettable Dauin and Apo diving {3rd trip there over 2 years}. I took a group of 40 last july and have 36 this july....I had an article published in April/May Sportdiving magazine (Australian) where I wrote about 'The perfect mix' of muck and coral diving on offer here. Starting to think ahead for 2013....we love the Philippines and are wondering where might come close to Atmosphere...? Coco Grove Beach Resort at Siquijor...? Just struggling to find anywhere different that comes close....! Any recommendations would be appreciated.
There are a few guidelines.
1. The last three group destinations I've run have gravitated around Atmosphere Resort; Siladen Island Resort and Spa (North Sulawesi) and Beqa Lagoon Resort, Fiji. All great resorts...all with nice diving. Atmosphere and Siladen in particular are way up there for luxury and value. So it has to be somewhere fairly damned good -we have grown a bit fussy!
2. As I usually have a group of up to 30 divers - it needs to be a well set up dive operation with a few boats and several guides to cater with a large group.
3. A beach is handy (we often have families) and a house reef for snorkellers or the odd dive. Doesn't have to be in The Philippines, but as we now have fallen in love with the country, would love to find somewhere that comes close (can't expect any 'better') than Atmosphere Resort.

I woul really value any input and recommendations....

Anilao:
Most resorts do NOT have it own dive boat but they are readily available. Some will offer unlimited shore dive off its house reef in the afternoon.

Malapascua:
1. Exotic, just because it has several dive boats.

Puerto Galera:
1. La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Resort. The beach on Big Lalaguna is small but it is quiet. Three dive boats but few more can be arranged.
2. Co Co Beach Resort with its own private beach.

You can combine Anilao and PG together.

After some advice from those in the know! We're going back to superb Atmosphere resort this july for some more unforgettable Dauin and Apo diving {3rd trip there over 2 years}. I took a group of 40 last july and have 36 this july....I had an article published in April/May Sportdiving magazine (Australian) where I wrote about 'The perfect mix' of muck and coral diving on offer here. Starting to think ahead for 2013....we love the Philippines and are wondering where might come close to Atmosphere...? Coco Grove Beach Resort at Siquijor...? Just struggling to find anywhere different that comes close....! Any recommendations would be appreciated.
There are a few guidelines.
1. The last three group destinations I've run have gravitated around Atmosphere Resort; Siladen Island Resort and Spa (North Sulawesi) and Beqa Lagoon Resort, Fiji. All great resorts...all with nice diving. Atmosphere and Siladen in particular are way up there for luxury and value. So it has to be somewhere fairly damned good -we have grown a bit fussy!
2. As I usually have a group of up to 30 divers - it needs to be a well set up dive operation with a few boats and several guides to cater with a large group.
3. A beach is handy (we often have families) and a house reef for snorkellers or the odd dive. Doesn't have to be in The Philippines, but as we now have fallen in love with the country, would love to find somewhere that comes close (can't expect any 'better') than Atmosphere Resort.

I woul really value any input and recommendations....
when are you going to apo?

Next Wednesday.....and me with a broken arm in plaster no less! Will be no SCUBA diving for me dammit! But snorkelling (maybe with Whale Sharks..) will be some compromise.

For nice white sand beach and nice resort, Exotic at Malapascua is certainly an option. Not sure if their rooms are nicer than Atmosphere resort though. Only their super deluxe rooms are very spacious. They also have 5 boats which I think can accommodate different needs.

For 'The perfect mix' of muck and coral diving, IMHO, Anilao is best in the Philippines. However, there is no sandy beach in Anilao. Try Acacia Resort, their dive guides are good and their rooms are among the best in Anilao.

Back
Top Bottom