Where to go next ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got from my 5 or 6th trip to the Philippines, who's counting. I love diving in the Phil. I have a trip scheduled this April starting in Anilao for 10 days. So where else should I go for great diving? I want to try something new. I have dove at Anilao, PG, Alona, Mactan, Boracay, Malapascua and El Nido. I'm looking for a 5 to 7 day destination, I don't mind flying. I want something that has some not too difficult diving as my girl friend is still new at this sport.

Based on the list of places you've already mentioned the most obvious omission would probably be Dumaguette? Another option would be Coron for the wrecks, although most of the better wrecks are deeper/more advanced dives.

April also lands you in Tubbattaha season but there can be strong currents in that area.

Like Karl mentioned the Coron wrecks can be fairly deep, I think the deepest was 125ft to the sand bottom but then you go up hit the middle of the wreck, then the top and up the line. She probably has better air consumption than you do anyway.

Otherwise as Karl said again - Dumaguette, Dauin and Apo which can all be dived from the same resort/operation as they do day trips to Apo Island or even Siquijor then there is Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte, Davao, Subic Bay or Moalboal?

I would recommend staying on Apo Island to dive it as I have been there three times and I had more interesting dives on average than the times I boated over to dive the Island. Course I don't mind diving sites multiple times - things always change and critters move around.

Last edited:
General Santos or Southern Leyte.

Apo Reef(liveaboard), Camiguin, Camotes, Coron, Davao, Dumaguete, General Santos, Moalboal, Sipalay, Siquijor, Southern Leyte, Subic Bay, Siargao, Surigao, Ticao, Tubataha(liveaboard).........

I think Dumaguete may be next on my list. I haven't been to keen on traveling to Mindanao yet, I hear parts are very nice. I have Apo reef on my short list. My girl friend lives in San Jose Mindoro which is very close to it. With Apo reef in mind has anyone dove with the Apo Reef Club, its closer to SJ than Pandan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom