Discovery Fleet Tubbataha Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coolsport

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a liveaboard to Tubbataha and I came across Discovery Fleet (Diving in the Philippines - Discovery Fleet ). Has anybody had any experience with them? Is this a legitimate company?
I tried looking for some information here in scubaboard but I cant seem to find any! Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Hi !

I have not used the company, but they have changed their name some time ago.
Earlier they where called "Hans Christian Andersen Cruise".
Here is another website with the old info:
Adventure Cruise

Mortenscuba

I don't know anything about Discovery Fleet. When I went to Tubbataha about 4 years ago it was on one of Explorer Fleet's boats.

In February I did a trip to Apo Reef and Coron on a small but very comfortable and very professionally-run liveaboard, Rags II, and they were talking about doing Tubbataha next year (2014). I highly recommend them. I suggest you get in touch with them and see whether they're still planning on going to Tubbataha next year. Philippines Diving liveaboard -Cave - Wreck - Technical Diving.

Thanks Mortenscuba and Makhno :) Based on their schedules, a lot of their trips are already fully booked.. so Im just wondering if anybody here in scubaboard is going to be in one of those trips.. Makhno, thanks for the advice. I dont think Rags II has any tubbataha trips this year.. Morten, thanks for the link.. the pictures really help in setting the expectations for the accommodation of that boat. I hope some of the scubaboarders would offer more insight regarding discovery fleet...

Hi kwhkg, I inquired OMS but they are already fully booked... thanks for the suggestion.. anybody out there with any experience with Discovery fleet?? Anybody??? :eyes:

Discovery Fleet is new this season. The operator has taken over the HCA boat, completely refitted her and started operations just recently. That's why you can't find any information. I haven't had the opportunity to inspect the boat or sail on her in her new incarnation, but knowing that Yvette Lee is involved leads me to believe that the operation will soon become a top option, and I would book my own customers with Yvette.

Hi Quero,

Thanks so much! That's really helpful information. :) I was scourging the internet about this company but couldn't find anything! I will be going with them this May and will post a report after the trip :) Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom