Dumaguete resort & dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow forum members,

Partner and myself are planning to visit Dumaguete for approximate 1 week in July. Looking for recommendation on resort and dive centers. We don't mind paying extra if the value / service is there.

A random blog on the internet recommended "Atmosphere Resorts", looks good from the website anyone has any experience with them?

Also Alantis was recommended. Any experience to share?

Or feel free to recommend any other operators that's worth a look?

Thanks heaps in advance.

I would recommend Mike's Beach Resort Mikes Dauin Beach Resort - Dumaguete, Philippines

I stayed with them for two weeks two years ago, and we had a fantastic time. I think Mike is still rated number one on Trip Advisor's list of hotels in Dumaguete.
No matter where you go, you are going to have an awesome time diving in and around Dauin and Apo Island.

Good luck!

Reactions: jbb
Have stayed at Atlantis twice and would highly recommend them..food, accommodation, everything...like their "unlimited diving" package where you can get in 5 boat dives per day if you wish

We stayed at the Thalatta resort last year and had a wonderful time. The resort is basic, but clean, very comfortable and and the food varied and good. The boat crews and guides in particular made the trip for us. They were a pleasure to be around!

It's a little way away from Dumaguete town, but I think a short taxi ride will get you there. We didn't have time - spent all of it underwater!

If you're prepared to pay a little more as you mention then Atmosphere is almost impossible to beat, no one else comes even close if price is taken out of the equation. Even then, the prices are low when compared to most other international dive areas.

If you're on a budget, I'd consider El Dorado in Dauin. I've noticed that their prices for accommodation and food have crept up over the 3X I've stayed with them, but their dive guides, Rey and Lito, are superb!

Thank you all for the recommendations, definitely lots of ideas here to investigate.

Atmosphere definitely looks good on the web. Only concern is what their dive operations is like? Agreed that the rate published online is still a lot cheaper than equivalent accommodation locally.

Have a look at Liquid. Was there for a week early this year.

Fairly basic accomodation, a bed/bathroom in your own hut facing the ocean. Comfortable and a nice porch to watch the waves. Food was excellent, a family run resort and a very friendly atmosphere. Dive centre very much above average as were the guides. Was very impressed with their dive skills - someone spent some time teaching them boyancy control and how to work with photograpers in muck.

Considere Thalatta.
Such a good service for a very fair price compare to others in the area.
Not mentioning that it is the closest resort from Apo, 20mns compare to 45/50mns from Dauin.
You can make 3 dives in Apo wile the other do only 2, wasting their time commuting.
And a new artificial reef built in the house reef that adds even more interest to the already exiting muck dive.
Guides have 3 eyes to find all the amazing criteres.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom