Should I Bother With Verde Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be diving in Sabang Beach Puerto Galera in October. Pretty well all of the scuba operators offer day trips out to Verde Island. Should I even bother taking this trip out there? What can I see at Verde Island that I can't see at the local Sabang Beach dive sites?

For me, there were much larger schools and larger size of fish to be seen at verse island. It was my best dive of my entire day in that area on my last trip!!

Should I even bother taking this trip out there?
The answer is YES.
I always make arrangements to go to Verde as soon as I get to PG. A bit more money, but well worth it.
Every time I have gone there were 2-4 divers on the boat and we were often times the only boat there.
Bring snacks, lots of water, sunscreen, hat, towel, etc.
I found that not only is the VIS better there, but the amount of marine life is absolutely staggering. I love wall diving and this is it for walls.
Plus as others have said you get a chance to see the bigger fish.

and there's the Washing Machine...

Don't take a housed SLR to that site, that is definitely a dive for a GoPro

What is the normal rate for Verde Island daytrip from PG?
I'm going there end of this week and would like to go check it out, been to PG two times already but never to Verde :)
Is it 2 or 3 dives normally?

Definitely!

Boat hire is usually 4k PHP divided among divers + dive (900-1200/dive). There are also regular Saturday day trips which include lunch.

Definitely!

Boat hire is usually 4k PHP divided among divers + dive (900-1200/dive). There are also regular Saturday day trips which include lunch.

Thanks Pao!
Anyone going there next weekend? I would be interested to share boat costs. I'm in PG from 20th to 25th.

I think Big Apple has regular Saturday trips there. Cheaper than private boat hire if you are going alone.

I think Big Apple has regular Saturday trips there. Cheaper than private boat hire if you are going alone.

Ok thanks for the tip, I'll walk around and ask from different shops. I've always used Searider in Small La Laguna before, no experience about other shops :) the smaller and more personal service, the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom