Can anyone beat Atmosphere Resort, Dumaguete...or even equal it...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For the last two years we have traveled to Atmosphere Resort, Dumaguete and loved the diving and the resort. It is first class in all respects and simply the best dive op. I have seen. We loved the mixture of muck and coral diving around Dumaguete along the Dauin coast and really enjoyed Apo Island which is more blue water, corals, fish and turtles (a lot of them) But time to find somewhere new. Keep in mind this is a group of 35 -45 (probably half experienced divers/half newbies and snorkellers)...So we're looking for somewhere fairly isolated (as in not a strip of resorts with girlie bars nearby)...with great diving..superb meals and accommodation. I guess we've been spoilt and are looking for somewhere high end that can offer a lot. Considering Kasai Village Resort on Moalboal....I was wondering if anywhere in Anilao might suit...? I'd just value some opinions from the forum.

Perhaps Malapascua may fit your bill There is no in-your-face prostitution, quality diving with a decent variety. Moalboal can still be pretty seedy, but if you're staying a little off-site, you won't notice this as much.

For groups of 35-45 people, you'll definitely need to book ahead, but I'm sure you understand that from your previous trips. When I was in Malapascua there were no real resorts, but possibly one outfit is big enough to cater to your group.

Puerta Galera can also have good accom away from the bars, and has quality diving.

Malapascua probably does fit the bill other than there not being a franchise of Atmosphere. There's nothing like here really. It really depends how willing to "rough it" your folks are. There's definitely options for upper middle end - but it will be different to Atmosphere - but can still be awesome :)

Atmosphere is not beatable... Their service and accommodations are just perfect and super nice. But what you can beat here in malapascua is the price... Staying in Malapascua is much cheaper and the diving is excellent. For bigger groups i would recommend Ocean Vida in combination with Sea Explorer in Malapascua . While i stayed there, they had a big group from England and the people loved it as i could see!
Also rooms are super nice, friendly staff, excellent diving facilities and yeah... Put it that way, if i would go back to Malapascua, or tell my friends about it, i only stay at Ocean Vida, for me and my friends the best place on the island.

I totally agree to the last post from LoveDivingInAsia. There is nothing like Atmosphere on Malapascua. I visited it 3 times already and can highly recommend Ocean Vida as well. There r other choices, of course, but i felt very welcome over there. First time i stayed in Exotic, but the service was not anywhere close to other resorts.

We dove Dauin/Apo, Bohol, Moalboal and Malapascua earlier this year. I can only ditto the recommendation for Malapascua. You are right - Dauin is just incredible for the variety of good reefs and good muck. We found Malapascua had just as much variety - the Dona Marilyn wreck and Gato Island is my favourite double dive of all time. We were very fortunate to dive with Evolution (I see Matt has already replied) and couldn't have been happier with the operation. He'd have to tell you if they can cater for a group that size himself.

Moalboal was the only place that vaguely disappointed us on the whole trip. With the sardines gone, it just wasnt up to the level of the other three. We left early and spent the extra time at Dauin, and were very happy to have done that.

Thanks Buceo...but when are you opening...and when do we see some real photos of the place...? As in the computer generated images are not going to give me the information I need...!

CoCo Beach Resort in Puerto Galera. With its own private beach and miles away from the bars and whatnot.
Lot of Danes stay there in the winter.
www.cocobeach.com

How does Atmosphere compare with Atlantis? We're in the initial stages of planning a trip to Dumaguete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom