Anilao resort that caters to serious divers and hobby photographers???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to go to Anilao and looking for a "higher end" resort. We understand you get what you pay for in life. We both are hobby photographers. Like smaller resorts with good guides, and decent accomodations.

All suggestions welcome, and if they have a house reef even better! Thanks in advance for the input.

Club Ocellaris is top notch

Based on what you mention above the two resorts I'd suggest would be Acacia (www.acaciadive.com) or Aiyanar (www.aiyanar.com). I'd say Acacia is the better overall option based on cost vs quality, but both are excellent resorts with great facilities. Both can provide you with top notch guides will generally take you to what you want to see if you let them know what you are looking for (or advise you on what you can see if you aren't sure!).

Both of these resorts have a house reef, although they may struggle to keep you entertained for more than a few shore dives looking for Macro - most of the great dive sites are only a 10-15 minute boat ride away though ;-)

If you're looking for basic cheaper accommodation and more serious photography then Club Ocellaris is the obvious choice.

If you're looking for basic cheaper accommodation and more serious photography then Club Ocellaris is the obvious choice.

Sorry how's does cheaper accommodation, relate to more serious photography? does the location of Club Ocellaris give you access to better macro sites?

Sorry how's does cheaper accommodation, relate to more serious photography? does the location of Club Ocellaris give you access to better macro sites?

some resorts have facilities that cater to the photogs (camera rooms, work stations, photo pros), A lot offer the same service in terms of diving and all sites are nearby and accessible to everyone. Some shooter prefer "photog oriented-resorts" for said facilities.

Crystal Blue Resort has a very nice camera room, multiple big rinse tanks, the food was great, and the room was good the first time (near the "top")/ great the second time (family room and "lower"). They have Nitrox on-site, great diving right out front ('wish I'd tried it earlier), and are in what seems like a good "central" location. I think that like most places the boats/DM's are hired based on demand, but the ones I dove with were always great.

I'd say a lot would depend on who is guiding you in the dives. I know 2 guides over in Aquaventure Resort who can show you what you want, except big ones, e.g. Sharks, mantas. In case you end up there, get Abet and/or Allan to guide you.

Club Ocellaris is predominantly set-up for photographers, hence you'll find fewer fun divers there and more photographers. It makes no sense to stay in one resort in Anialo and dive from another, hence the more basic accommodation in club Ocellaris. The OP specifically asked for a higher end resort if you read it.

Ditto on DSR3 trend. Geared for the photographer. On site photo pro. CLEAN, a/c, camera room with 2 toilets. BIG rinse tanks for cameras and 3 tanks for personal stuff. BIG dive deck area with showers, one private, & toliet. Lots of storage area @ dive deck. Good food and basic rooms. Shuttle from Manilla AP.

+1 for Crystal Bay, had a great experience there last year and will be returning again later this year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom