Inclusive dive resorts Panglao, Siquijor, Dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbeers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
My wife and I are planning on mid May at these 3 locations (Dauin or Dumaguette), will have 4 nights at each. We are looking for recommendation on all inclusive resort with dive op on site. Not into carting cameras and gear far, or exploring the towns for places to eat. Mid to upper level accommodations, we really want A/C if possible, nice bungalows are our favorite, 2-3 dives per day. Small and quiet resorts are best, not into the party scene. We like macro, muck and reef diving, not too much into huge stuff, walls or strong currents.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there

I have booked into Liquid for a week next year. The beach bungalows don't have air con , but the resort gets consistently excellent reviews.

I am not sure what the benefit of moving every 4 days is , it may mean that you may miss out on some crucial diving days. Bohol.looks very nice an I hope to go to Siquijor and or Sipalay.

Bon voyage !

I'd recommend Thalatta Resort in Zamboanguita. You can dive dauin and most of the best Dumaguete sites from there. Quiet resort, with a nice restaurant and pool. Just a few bungalows in pretty gardens. No entertainment to speak of, but just a short jaunt into town. Dive operation is slick and great fun. Bungalows are basic, but clean and have ac. We spent a week there, them moved on to Bohol.

Enjoy!!

Atmosphere Resort Dumaguete, is an outstanding dive resort - the best resort, restaurant and dive operation I have ever seen. Period. You cannot fault this place. I've run 2 big groups there and look forward to another. And I've done the Maldives; Borneo (Sipadan and Mabul) and lots of amazing other places. I'd highly recommend it - it is not cheap, but for a bit more you get a LOT more. And the other resort that looks interesting (can't 'recommend' ir as I haven't been there yet) is Salamangka Beach and Dive Resort over on Siquijor looks quite stunning. Both these are high end resorts, but I find that airfares and taxes are our highest costs, so for another 10% on total package we get and amazing resort with superb facitilies.

Atmosphere Resort Dumaguete, is an outstanding dive resort - the best resort, restaurant and dive operation I have ever seen. Period. You cannot fault this place. I've run 2 big groups there and look forward to another. And I've done the Maldives; Borneo (Sipadan and Mabul) and lots of amazing other places. I'd highly recommend it - it is not cheap, but for a bit more you get a LOT more. And the other resort that looks interesting (can't 'recommend' ir as I haven't been there yet) is Salamangka Beach and Dive Resort over on Siquijor looks quite stunning. Both these are high end resorts, but I find that airfares and taxes are our highest costs, so for another 10% on total package we get and amazing resort with superb facitilies.

Both places look stunning. If we stay in Dumaguete would we need to visit Siquijor also or will we end up diving the the same sites?

---------- Post added September 13th, 2013 at 02:53 PM ----------

Is Dumaguete mainly muck or a mix of muck and reef?

Both places look stunning. If we stay in Dumaguete would we need to visit Siquijor also or will we end up diving the the same sites?

---------- Post added September 13th, 2013 at 02:53 PM ----------

Is Dumaguete mainly muck or a mix of muck and reef?
Dauin is mainly for muck shore dive!!!!
Apo Island, Siquijor and Sumilon Island are available if there is ENOUGH demand.

In my opinion, thalatta!!!
Atmosphere,doesnt worth the extra cost for a poor service compare to Thalatta.
Not mentioning the stuning food that the Swiss cook prepare.

Also,why waste time on the boat going back and forth to Apo from Atmosphere that is in Dauin,when the trip takes only 20mns from thalatta.

And,the staff has just build an artificial reef in front of Thalatta.
It is new,so will need some time to see the result but the built itself deserve a look.
It defenetly add extra interest to the already amazing muck dive that offers the house reef.

See the pictures on Thalatta FB page and leave you comments here.

Great bubbles to everyone.

BF

Hi,
My wife and I are planning on mid May at these 3 locations (Dauin or Dumaguette), will have 4 nights at each. We are looking for recommendation on all inclusive resort with dive op on site. Not into carting cameras and gear far, or exploring the towns for places to eat. Mid to upper level accommodations, we really want A/C if possible, nice bungalows are our favorite, 2-3 dives per day. Small and quiet resorts are best, not into the party scene. We like macro, muck and reef diving, not too much into huge stuff, walls or strong currents.
Thanks!

It sounds like you're describing the resort I work for in Dauin. :D PM me if you want more details.

It sounds like you're describing the resort I work for in Dauin. :D PM me if you want more details.
So you are working for a small and quiet resort!!!!
Actually I believe the op had probably already done the trip because this is Aug now!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom